Cats more or less eat what we generally have at home. But the question is whether this kind of a diet is healthy for your cat. You should know that cats have different nutritional requirements than a human. Providing a diet to your cat that takes care of their entire nutrition is vital for the growth and the health of your cat. This can be done by feeding specialized cat food to your pet. Want to know more about it? This article will guide you through the process.
Top Cat Food
- Contains 1 - 22 Pound Bag of Dry Cat Food
- 100% complete and balanced nutrition for adult cats
- Provides all essential vitamins and minerals for adult cats
- High quality protein to help support strong, healthy muscles
- Produced in the USA from globally sourced ingredients
- Forty (40) 5.5 ounce Cans Purina Friskies Pate Seafood & Chicken Variety Pack Adult Wet Cat Food
- Made With Seafood And Poultry
- Smooth Pate Texture Tempts Her To Her Dish
- Delicious Taste She Can'T Resist
- Provides 100 percent Complete And Balanced Nutrition For Adult Cats
- Twenty 4 (24) 3 Ounce Can Purina Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Poultry & Beef Feast Collection Wet Cat Food Variety Pack
- Chicken, Turkey And Beef Flavors Cats Love
- 100 percent Complete And Balanced Nutrition
- Tender, Delicate Bites For A Tempting Texture
- Essential Vitamins And Minerals To Support Her Overall Health.Feeding directions: Feed an average size adult cat 1 can per 2.5 pounds of body weight daily; Feed up to twice this amount to kittens
- 16 pounds Bag Purina 1 Indoor Advantage Adult Dry Cat Food
- Made With Real Turkey As The Number 1 Ingredient
- Natural With Added Vitamins, Minerals And Essential Nutrients
- Helps Minimize Hairballs And Maintain A Healthy Weight
- Contains Omega 6 To Help Maintain A Radiant Coat And Healthy Skin
- 7 pounds Bag Purina One Tender Selects Blend With Real Chicken Adult Dry Cat Food
- Real Chicken Is The #1 Ingredient, Providing Protein To Help Support Strong Muscles
- No Artificial Flavors Or Preservatives
- Natural Plus Essential Nutrients
- 100% Complete And Balanced Nutrition For Adult Cats
- Contains twenty-four (24) 2.6 oz. twin pack trays (48 servings total) of SHEBA PERFECT PORTIONS Wet Cat Food Cuts in Gravy Variety Pack: (12) Roasted Chicken Entrée (6) Gourmet Salmon Entrée and (6) Tender Turkey Entrée
- Made with real protein, plus essential vitamins and minerals for cat maintenance and kitten growth
- Delectable soft cat food made without grain - no corn, soy, or wheat
- Your cat will devour the delicious taste of premium SHEBA Wet Cat Food in Gravy Trays
- Freshness at every meal with no messy leftovers: Just snap, peel, and serve to your adult cat
- 22 Pounds Bag Purina Friskies Gravy Swirlers Adult Dry Cat Food
- Chicken And Salmon Flavors Cats Love
- Savory Gravy Baked In For Added Flavor
- Tempting Texture Entices Her To Her Dish
- 100 percent Complete And Balanced Nutrition Formulated For All Life Stages
- Contains 1 - 20 lb bag
- 100% complete and balanced nutrition for adult maintenance
- Lean protein and B vitamins help maintain healthy weight and metabolism
- Twenty 4 (24) 3 Cans Purina Fancy Feast Gravy Wet Cat Food Variety Pack, Seafood Grilled Collection
- Tender cuts of fish and seafood for a taste cats love
- 100 percent complete and balanced nutrition for adult cats
- Delicate gravies for added flavor
- Essential vitamins and minerals to support her overall health
- Contains twenty-four (24) 2.6 oz. twin packs (48 servings total) of SHEBA PERFECT PORTIONS Wet Cat Food Paté in Natural Juices Variety Pack: (6) Signature Seafood Entrée, (12) Delicate Salmon Entrée, and (6) Tender Whitefish & Tuna Entrée
- Easy-to-use cat food trays: Just snap, peel, and serve
- Individual trays of fresh meals mean that you’ll have zero messy leftovers, unlike canned cat food
- Made without grains, corn, wheat, or soy… plus, no artificial flavors or preservatives, so you can feel good about the wet pate you feed your feline
- Delightfully flavorful, this smooth and savory pate features a light and delectable texture cats can’t resist in delicious salmon, seafood, whitefish, and tuna flavors
- From kitten to mature senior cat, SHEBA Wet Cat Food makes a tasty meal regardless of age
Types of cat food
The pet industry has come up with three kinds of cat food that can be found at most of the online pet stores today. Here they are:
Dry cat food
These have a water content of 3 to 11%. They are usually easy on your pocket and can be kept at room temperature for a long time. You can serve dry cat food for a long time without the fear of your cat overeating it.
Canned cat food
These come in a container and have 60 to 78% water. Most cats will prefer eating canned food than dry ones because they are tastier than dry food. Canned food also has higher chances of getting spoilt and your cat might also eat a lot because it is tastier. So, you need to maintain caution.
Semi-moist cat food
These come in packets and contain 25 to 35% of water. This kind is loved by cats but is often a bit difficult to find. The texture of this type of food is chewy and cats love this. However, it is not a very smart choice because of its side effects on your cat’s health.
What are the nutrients?
Studies show that 41 nutrients are absolutely essential for cats if they are to stay healthy. These nutrients are further divided into nutrient groups of six. These groups are namely vitamins, proteins, minerals, carbohydrates, and fats. If you are buying a cat food that says it is balanced and complete then it means that all the essential nutrients are present in the food. Plus, they are all present in a balanced amount. So, a cat food will contain all the various nutrients that your cat needs.
How to choose the best cat food?
We can list out a few products that we love but that would not solve your issues. The final call is yours and you have to take into account your pet as well web you buy cat food for them. We suggest a few factors which need to be checked before you buy any kind of cat food.
The first thing to look for is see if the food is whole and complete. This means that the food should contain all the essential nutrients. The next step is to see whether the amount of nutrients is in the right proportions. Too much or too less might not be effective enough. The digestibility of the food is very important for your cat.
Apart from these, you also need to see whether your cat likes the food or not. Cats can be quite fussy eaters at times and getting an expensive cat food from outside would be useless if your cat doesn’t eat. Read the food label properly to see if any toxins have been used which could harm your cat.
There are a few authorities like the European Pet Food Industry Federation and the National Research Council which keep a watch on the quality of cat foods produced. With the growing competition in the pet care industry, all companies strive to keep up with the guidelines of these authorities. The purpose of these guidelines is to make sure that your cat gets all the necessary nutrition at every stage of life. These guidelines are also constantly reviewed from time to time.
Some of the other labels that you should look for in your cat food are Association of American Feed Control Officials, Food and Drug Administration’s Center for Veterinary Medicine, etc. This will ensure that you are feeding only those ingredients to your cat which have been verified and are healthy.
Benefits of good quality cat food
More than anything else, the ingredients that are a must in cat food are fat, carbohydrates, and protein. These ingredients are very basic because cats are carnivores and these ingredients will make sure their health is maintained. But other ingredients like fruits, vegetables, grains, etc, are also very necessary. You can also choose foods with pea and eggs which have good protein in them.
A lot of cat foods have DHA in them. DHA is a type of fatty acid which furthers the development of eye and the brain. Folic acid promotes growth of cells and taurine is very essential to cats at any life stage, both of which are present in cat food.
Should I buy dry cat food or wet cat food?
This is a question that we have encountered multiple times when dealing with cat owners. The fact is that none of them are better than the other in terms of nutrition. What really gains importance while choosing one is what your cat prefers. But there are a few pros and cons of both of them. For instance, if your cat needs a lot of hydration then canned or wet food will be better because it has more water content.
On the other hand, dry food is a lot less messy than canned ones and they are pocket friendly too. Plus, they are easy to carry. However, a lot of cats may not prefer having dry cat food. In that case, you can add a hint of water to the dry food to make it more palatable. Being the owner, only you will be able to make the final call.
So, if you have decided to start buying cat food from now, instead of preparing it at home, then take a call right away. You can place an online order for the best quality cat food or you can buy it at a local pet store too.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-12-13