We are assuming you have heard of catnip since you are a cat enthusiast. But if you haven’t, then you have come to the right place. In a nutshell, we will give you a holistic idea of what catnip is. People say that catnip can get cats high. Is that true? We shall find out this and a lot more in this article.
- 100% NATURAL: Freshly grown, guaranteeing highest quality with no preservatives or artificial ingredients.
- CATS LOVE: Sprinkle any amount, and watch your Kitty's favorite toy, bed or scratch post, and watch them purr, roll, meow and play for hours!
- HARVESTED FRESH: Planted, grown and harvested at the highest peak of season, ensuring best plant quality for essential oil.
- HEALTHY: Turn your tired, old and worn out Kitten into an excited playmate with a great form of exercise!
- UNIQUE EXTRACT: Proprietary herb blend will last longer and stay fresher, giving your Kitty a better long lasting experience.
- 100% NATURAL CATNIP: USA catnip that is pure, potent, and without chemicals, pesticides or fillers.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Planted, grown, and harvested at the highest peak of season, ensuring the best plant quality and ultimate potency.
- CATS LOVE IT: Attracts cats like a magnet to toys, scratchers, and pet bedding. Helps redirect destructive behavior like scratching on furniture.
- VALUE: 3 oz tub is great for families with multiple cats or to keep any cat going for a long time. Resealable container helps to retain freshness.
- PET SAFE: 100% safe and non-toxic. A healthy way for your cat to play.
- 100% certified organic catnip is safe, pure & potent without chemicals, pesticides or fillers
- 2 ounce canister allows you to shake or pour catnip
- Catnip provides a burst of playful energy
- Attracts cats like a magnet!
- Use catnip to attract cats to toys, scratchers and bedding
- Three adorable mice spiked with pure and potent catnip
- Perfectly sized to bat and carry
- Catnip causes a burst of energetic activity in cats followed by a mellow period
- Pure & potent catnip is produced without chemicals or pesticides
- Fiberfill made from 100% recycled plastic
- Lounge, jungle print designed cat scratcher
- Corrugated scratching surface
- Helps protect furniture from claw damage
- Catnip included
- 19.5 inches wide
- Catnip stimulates your favorite feline to encourage play and increase exercise to inspire even the most inactive cats to play on all four paws
- Includes 1 ounce of catnip that's been dried and processed for easy sprinkling or stuffing. Comes in a convenient, resealable pouch
- Sprinkle on surfaces to attract your playful pal like scratchers, toys and bedding - cats won't be able to resist
- The effects of catnip last between 10-20 minutes for a healthy play session
- Contains one (1) 16 oz. tub of TEMPTATIONS Classic Treats for Cats Blissful Catnip Flavor
- TEMPTATIONS Cat Treats are 100% nutritionally complete and balanced for adult cat maintenance
- This irresistible cat treat has a unique pocket shape that is crunchy on the outside and scrumptiously soft and creamy on the inside
- Under 2 calories per treat, these catnip-flavored cat treats will have your cat meowing for more
- Your cat can't wait to get their paws on TEMPTATIONS Blissful Catnip Flavor Crunchy Cat Treats
- TEMPTATIONS brand is America's #1 cat treat*
- These tasty cat treats come in a unique stay-fresh pack with a closable lid that keeps your best friend’s treats fresh
- Catnip filled toy.
- Fun textures.
- All handmade.
- 100% organic catnip filled.
- Made in USA.
- Catnip that Actually works
- Pure premium flower top blend.
- Made in the USA
- Natural and Unprocessed – Silvervine is 100% wild, organic and safe. Without additives or preservatives, healthy and safe for your pets.
- Protection for Gingival – Silvervine sticks can effectively eliminate dental plaque and tartar, clear off fetid breath and protect oral health so as to get you and your pets closer.
- Better Digestion and Easy Feeding Method – Catnip can promote intestinal peristalsis to improve digestion and keep pets healthy. Directly feed your cats or cut off the skin of the sticks. After a period of use, to keep the effect, you need to cut off the used layer.
- High Potency - For 80% types of cats, kittens and adults. High potency ensures that your cats will love it. Your cat will be strongly attracted by it, reactions like chewing, rubbing, licking, rolling, running, purring and extreme cuteness.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee – Buy safely slivervine sticks for cats! While not all cats get a linking towards silver vine immediately, our toys are suitable for cats of all ages and all breeds. WoLover offer 100% satisfactory guarantee, Otherwise refund immediately, Any questions please contact customer service.
What is catnip?
If you haven’t heard of the term catnip specifically, you must have then heard of it through other terms. Catnip is also known by multiple other names like Field Balm, Catmint, Chataire, Cataire, Herbe A Chat, Menta De Gato, Catnep, Catswort, etc. Irrespective of the name, cats seem to harbor a special place for this in their hearts. Cats cannot seem to get enough of catnip.
Catnip originates from Asia and Europe and has a very tangy and minty flavor. Although other pets too like it at times, catnip has been associated with cats for the longest period of time. Cataria which is another name for catnip, comes from Latin and mean “of a cat”. This herb belongs to the mint family known as labiatae and is a perennial herb. The name catnip is said to come from the effects the herb has on cats. The variety of catnip called nepetalcataria is the one that cats have shown the most liking towards.
How does catnip affect my cat?
Nepetalactone is the active ingredient in catnip which is an essential oil. This creates a change in the behavior of cats, be it domestic or wild ones. Research shows that about a half or two thirds of cats will react to this essential oil. However, at times this does not seem to have any effect on kittens that show reaction only after the development of their body.
What are the symptoms of catnip effects?
Habitually, most cats respond to catnip with chewing, shaking of the head, sniffing, rubbing of the body, shaking the chin and face, licking, etc. Cats also roll on the floor because of catnip consumption. Some other kind of responses can be aggression, drooling, stretching, jumping, and being hyperactive. What people usually consider to be the high in cats, will last for about a good 5 to 10 minutes.
The experience that cats have through catnip is very intense but does not last for very long. While some cats might get super active and play a lot, some others might just sit calmly in a good mood. Irrespective of the type of reaction, your kitty will need at least 2 hours before it can consume and respond to catnip again.
If you are letting your cat experience catnip too frequently, then it might stop responding to catnip after a point of time. Experts often recommend that you should not give catnip to your cat more than once after every two weeks or so. This will prevent your cat from getting used to the effects of catnip.
Benefits of catnip on cats
Apart from giving instant excitement to your cats, catnip has many other health benefits too. Let us check some of them out:
Just like humans, felines have been known to suffer from stress too. One of the properties of catnip is that it can act as a mild sedative. This is not as strong as it can affect us but cats seem to get affected by the sedative. When cats seem to experience stress and anxiety, a slight dosage of catnip will help them to calm down.
Did you know that you can give a catnip bath to your cat as well? Cats have been seen to face a lot of skin problems, resulting in itching and hair loss. Consulting a vet is necessary but you can make poor kitty feel good in the meanwhile. Do this by sprinkling a bit of catnip into warm water and bathing your cat with it. This will undoubtedly give your cat some relief.
Your cat can get stomach issues from stress. Catnip can help relax the muscles of your cat which can promote flatulence. Bloated stomachs can be treated with catnip and it will make your cat feel better instantly. This will also reduce the chances of your cat having stool with bad odor and spare you the pain of going through that.
In what form do we get catnip?
You can get catnip in dried form or you get it in the form of sprays too. If you want to go all organic, then you could try growing some indoors too. But that will be quite some effort. Depending on how your cat is, you can choose the form of catnip that it will respond to the most.
What is the right dosage?
Honestly, there is no right dosage for cats. It just depends on you to figure out how your cat responds to catnip. Contrary to what you would like to think, catnip is not given to cats in the way you give them food. All you have to do is to take a pinch of catnip and sprinkle it on scratching posts or the areas in the hours where your cats spend the most of the time. Also, it is best if you do not serve catnip in food bowls with food. This might lead to over consumption and may create problems in digestion.
A lot pet shops and brands these days sell catnip in the form of toys. So, you will find toys that have catnip filled inside. When your cat plays with the toy, it will sniff the catnip and get the so-called high. You can also make a catnip toy at home by filling a bit of catnip into an old sock and tying it up. Or you can also take a paper bag, put a slight amount of catnip inside it, and roll it up into a ball. Your kitty will have the high time of its life when it plays with these toys.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-11-14