It is not uncommon for pets to want to taste human food. While some food items should not be given to dogs such as grapes or chocolates, chicken jerky is quite a safe variant, provided it is prepared properly. It should be remembered that a dog’s digestive system is quite different from a human’s digestive system and will not be able to handle sudden changes well. So, if you are indeed planning on introducing a chicken jerky to your dog, make sure that you pay attention to the ingredients used and its quality.
Top Chicken Jerky Products
- Human Grade Dog Treats Made in the USA
- Limited Ingredient Recipe - 4 Simple Ingredients
- Glycerin Free
- Grain Free - No Corn, Wheat or Soy
- All Natural, No Artificial Flavors, Preservatives, or Colors
- 30 oz. Pouch - Purina Waggin' Train Chicken Jerky Tenders Dog Treats
- Features real white meat chicken as the #1 ingredient
- Includes just two simple, real ingredients
- No artificial colors, flavors or ingredients
- Contains no filler
- New formula of NO SALT. We now only have 2 ingredients in our treats!!!
- Made with love and care in Southern California with 100% USA ingredients
- Each piece is dehydrated up to 16 hours from USA raised chicken
- Full muscle protein with no fillers or artificial flavoring
- Farmland Traditions pride ourselves on providing only the best dog treats for your best friend. By using simple recipes, quality USA ingredients, and leveraging years of experience in producing dog treats, we're confident that your pet will taste and feel the difference!
- Top Chews Chicken Jerky Dog Treats 3 Lb
- 100 Percent Natural Ingredients
- Real American Chicken
- High Protein, No Fillers
- Made in USA
- 100% Natural Ingredients
- Made from Chicken Breast Fillet
- High protein, low fat
- No Artificial Colors or Flavors
- SIMPLY THE BEST TREATS FOR YOUR DOG: Your Pet Knows The Difference Between Treats They Absolutely Love, and those They Simply Tolerate. Our Jerky Treats are Tail Wagging, Jump Up and Down Delicious. Stop Wasting Money on Cheap Imported Jerky.
- 100% SOURCED & PRODUCED IN THE USA: USDA Grade A Chicken Breast Sliced and Dehydrated in Small Batches, then Packed up to the Brim with Lots of Love in Every Bag!
- NO CHINA SOURCING OR MANUFACTURING: Don't Risk Your Pet's Health with Cheap, Mass-Produced Treats. Give Them the Best-- Emmy's Best! Fair Warning, Your Neighborhood Dogs Will be Jealous, and May Show Up at Your Door!
- OUR INGREDIENTS ARE SIMPLE: USDA Grade A Chicken. No Fillers, No Additives, No Preservatives. Your Pet Will Taste the Difference, and You Will Feel Better About Giving Them the Best.
- PAW'S PROMISE 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: If Your Pet Doesn't Love Them, Send Back the Empty Bag and We Will Refund Your Purchase. How's That for Standing Behind Our Product?
- Contains 4 - 2.5 Ounce Bag
- Made with 100% all white chicken breast
- 12g of protein (per serving)
- Chef-inspired, handcrafted flavors, slow smoked to perfection
- Low in fat, high in protein, gluten-free, no-nitrites
- Chicken Is The #1 Ingredient
- No added corn, wheat, soy or gluten
- Feed to your dog as a snack or reward
- Includes one 2 lb bag of solimo chicken jerky dog treats
- If you like purina waggin' train jerky tenders dog treats, we invite you to try solimo dog treat jerky
- Satisfaction Guarantee: We're proud of our products. If you aren't satisfied, we'll refund you for any reason within a year of purchase. 1-877-485-0385
- An Amazon brand
- Pack of four, 2.25 Ounce (Total of 9 Ounce)
- Made with real chicken
- 100% natural ingredients
- 100% USA-sourced protein
- No corn, wheat or soy
- No artificial flavors or preservatives
- Delicious Breasts of Real Chicken
- Treats for Adult Dogs 5 lbs. & Over
- Usda Organic: Treat Your Pup To The Best With These Chewy, Tasty Organic Chicken Jerky Treats Made In The Usa
- Human Grade: No Feed Grade Ingredients Here! All Of The Ingredients That Go Into Our Treats Are Fit For Human Consumption And We Make Our Treats To The Same Standards Required For Human Edible Food
- High Protein: Made With Free-Range Chicken, This Delicious Jerky Is The Perfect "Anytime Snack" For Dogs Of All Breeds And Sizes
- Organic Whole Grains: Heart Healthy Organic Brown Rice Is Gluten Free And Has A Low Glycemic Index
- All Natural: Full Moon Dog Treats Have No By-Products And No Artificial Flavors, Colors Or Preservatives
- You get THREE 3.25 oz bags. Ingredients: Chicken, Dried Cane Molasses, Salt
- High quality, grain-free holistic treat
- Contains no by-products, artificial flavors, colors or preservatives
- Ideal for dogs on a raw or grain-free diet
- Made in USA
- 15g of savory whole muscle meat protein
- We combine chicken and a custom sriracha spice blend to harmonize notes of mild tartness and warm heat
- The dominant sriracha flavor is complimented with the nutty taste of organic chia seeds
- An epic source of protein, tryptophan, phosphorus, selenium, niacin, folic acid and vitamin B6 to satiate the paleo appetite
- Enjoy a 1.5 ounce chicken bar
- 15 gram of savory whole muscle meat protein
- An epic source of protein, tryptophan, phosphorus, selenium, niacin, folic acid and vitamin b6 to satiate the paleo appetite
- Each case contains 12, 1.5 ounce chicken bars
- Only 1 Ingredient, 64% Protein, Low Fat
- Grain and Gluten Free, No Wheat, Corn or Soy, No Artificial flavors, colors or preservatives
- 2 Pound Bag (32oz)
- Grreat choice
- USA Chicken is the #1 ingredient
- All natural. No artificial flavors. No artificial preservatives. No animal by-products
- Made in the USA
- Contains glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate to help support bone and joint health
- Easy to tear into bite-sized pieces
- Dogswell Hip & Joint Jerky 100% real meat dog treats are made in the USA with high-quality chicken, glucosamine, chondroitin & New Zealand Green Mussel to help support hip & joint health.
- High protein with real, USA-sourced, hormone-free chicken breast as the first ingredient.
- Supports healthy hips and joints with glucosamine & chondroitin, New Zealand Green Mussel for omega 3 fatty acids & vitamin B12, and antioxidant vitamin E to help protect against free radicals.
- 60% protein!
- Grain free and gluten free with no added sugar, no artificial colors or flavors, no animal by-products, no corn, wheat, or soy.
- 100% Natural Ingredients
- Hand wrapped chicken over rawhide
- High Protein, Low Fat
- No Artificial Colors or Flavors
- PURE CHICKEN - ZERO ADDITIVES - One delicious ingredient: crisp, dehydrated chicken breast packed with love. No fillers or artificial ingredients.
- HEALTHY & SAFE - You'll feel good about giving your best friend quality, human-grade treats made exclusively from chickens raised on family farms in America. No growth hormones or steroids.
- HIGH PROTEIN & LOW FAT - Great for sensitive tummies & low calorie diets. Thin, crispy jerky easily broken into smaller pieces. Healthy training snacks & every day rewards for small & large dogs.
- SUPPORT OUR TROOPS - We proudly donate a portion of all sales to training service dogs for disabled Veterans, Our Military Heroes.
- TAILS WILL WAG - Even the finickiest pup will find our Jerky irresistible or your money back - guaranteed. Cats love them too!
Important factors to consider before buying chicken jerky treats for your dog
Here are some considerations you need to remember while selecting a chicken jerky for your dog:
It is always important to check the ingredients before buying any food material for your dog. Simply put, any type of processed food will be difficult for your dog to digest and will upset its stomach. Chicken jerky treats should be free of artificial preservatives, colors, and flavors. Grains such as wheat, soy or corn are difficult for dogs to digest. Salt affects the stomach negatively and sodium poisoning can cause many health issues like muscle spasms, increased heart rates, vomiting, diarrhea, or even death. Be sure to purchase chicken jerky treats from certified sellers.
Easy to tear
Chicken jerky treats come in a lot of different sizes; while some are small-sized, there are others that need to be torn to bite-sizes. There are also some that come in the shape of sticks. It is quite obvious that you might have to break the larger treats into smaller chunks before you give it to your dog. This needs to be done to prevent your dog from accidentally choking on the treat. For this reason alone, you need to be sure that the dog treat can be torn without any difficulty.
Of course, this is also another important factor that you need to consider while buying jerky treats for your dog. There are different types of chicken jerky treats available for dogs with different health concerns. It should also be remembered that chicken jerky treats are not an alternative to full meals. It is a dietary supplement that helps maintain the good health of your dog’s fur coat, skin, and joints.
Are chicken jerky treats safe for dogs?
Yes, chicken jerky treats are absolutely safe for dogs if it is made properly. You need to pay attention to the tiniest details like from where has the chicken meat been sourced from, etc. The chicken jerky treat that has been made properly will be dehydrated naturally to retain its nutritional value and contain full muscle protein. It should also be free of salt, spices, artificial flavors, and preservatives, as these ingredients might do more harm than good for your dog.
What are some of the best chicken jerky brands in the market for dogs?
Some top-rated chicken jerky for dogs are:
Rocco & Roxie Gourmet Jerky Dog Treats
These are chicken sticks that are made using the best-quality chicken meat in the US. These sticks are free of gluten, soy, corn, and artificial flavoring, making them a nutritious and healthy snack for your dog. The smoking process to make this product takes up to 10 hours, which results in a chewy and soft texture that dogs absolutely love.
Additionally, dog treats by Rocco and Roxie will not leave an unpleasant-smelling and greasy residue on your hands. The sticks are very delicate and breakable, thereby making them perfect for dogs with sensitive stomachs.
Full Moon All Natural Chicken Jerky Dog Treats
This product consists of chicken jerky that has been sourced from USDA-approved chicken farms in the US. Due to the slow cooking nature used for these treats, the nutritious elements gets retained for a long time and brings out a hearty and rich flavor. Some ingredients used for this product are rosemary extract, vinegar, dried cane molasses, and chicken.
Chicken jerky by Full Moon contains no artificial colors, preservatives, and flavors. It is also free of glycerin and grain. While the treats are crunchy, it can easily be broken by the hand.
Buckley Trainers Dog Training Treats
This brand of dog food treats is the best option if you are looking for something that goes with your budget. It is a great motivational reward that has quite a rich and unique taste. It also does not contain gluten or grain and is very digestible. Since it does not contain more than 4 calories per treat, it is great for keeping your dog in shape.
The treats are made without artificial flavors or preservatives. According to customers, the low-calorie content and the small sizes of the treats make this product quite an efficient tool for training puppies without upsetting their sensitive stomachs.
Farmland Traditions Dog Jerky Treats
Dog treats by Farmland Traditions contain only two ingredients – vegetable glycerin and lean chicken breast. The chicken comes from the farms of the US and dehydrated for at least 16 hours to preserve its nutritional value and taste. The jerky treats are also free of artificial flavors and salt.
The treats contain proteins for full muscle development, without corn, soy or grain. They have the right sizes, are quite chewy and do not crumble easily. The treats are also not on the expensive side.
Nudges Health and Wellness Chicken Jerky
Dog jerky treats manufactured by Nudges are made of natural ingredients that are sourced from the US. It is packed with protein and dried in the oven to preserve high nutritional value and good taste. The treats are also great for your dog’s joints and bones because it contains chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine.
The jerky treats are free of grains and contain no animal by-products or artificial preservatives and flavors. They are also very chewy.
As said above, chicken jerky treats should not be treated like full-fledged meals for your dogs. They are simply small snacks that you can feed your pooch from time to time. You can also use it as a reward while training your dog.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-08-15