Dog Allergy Medicine
Ours dogs are not separate from the family. Just like the way we take care of our family members, the dogs in the family also need to be taken care of in the same way. In fact, we forget that they are animals and treat them almost like humans that are our family. This approach often leads us to offer medication to our pet dogs who are suffering from allergies with the same medicines that we use for ourselves. This might not always be the right thing to do. So, learn all about dog allergy medicine in this article.
Top Dog Allergy Medicine
- ALLERGY MEDICINE: GoodSense All Day Allergy temporarily relieves symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies: runny nose; sneezing; itchy, watery eyes; itching of the nose or throat.
- 24 HOUR SYMPTOM RELIEF: One dose of All Day Allergy Cetirizine Hydrochloride 10 mg provides all-day allergy relief for indoor & outdoor allergies, and 24 hour relief of: sneezing; runny nose; itchy, watery eyes; itchy throat or nose.
- ORIGINAL PRESCRIPTION STRENGTH: GoodSense All Day Allergy Cetirizine Hydrochloride 10 mg, is an allergy medicine approved to temporarily relieve indoor and outdoor allergy symptoms in adults and children 6 years and over
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Compare to the active ingredient in Zyrtec. The active ingredient in GoodSense All Day Allergy is Cetirizine Hydrochloride 10 mg, an antihistamine approved for the treatment of both indoor and outdoor allergies.
- ADULTS & CHILDREN 6 YEARS AND OVER: Take one tablet once daily; do not take more than one 10 mg tablet in 24 hours. A 5 mg allergy relief product may be appropriate for less severe symptoms. Read package for full directions before use.
- ALL DAY & ALL NIGHT ALLERGY RELIEF: Xyzal Allergy 24 Hour can help provide a full day & night of relief from allergy symptoms, indoors & outdoors. Say goodbye to sneezing, a runny & itchy nose, itchy, watery eyes, & a scratchy throat. Say hello to Xyzal.
- PRESCRIPTION STRENGTH ALLERGY RELIEF: Now you can get prescription strength allergy medication over the counter, no doctor visit required. Don't let allergies make you miserable or stop you from doing the things you love. Stay active with Xyzal Allergy.
- XYZAL ALLERGY RELIEF: Do allergies to pollen, dander, mold, ragweed or other airborne allergens leave you miserable? Do you go days without relief from sneezing, or an itchy & runny nose, throat or eyes? Xyzal Allergy 24 Hour may offer the relief you need.
- A WELL ROUNDED MEDICINE CABINET: When you or a family member is in pain, sick, hurt, or just generally feeling under the weather, you don’t want to run to the pharmacy. A well stocked home medicine cabinet helps ensure relief is at hand when you need it.
- DAY & NIGHT RELIEF: Xyzal offers all in one solutions for sneezing, runny nose, itchy throat, nose, & eyes. Try our 24-hour allergy tablets for a relaxed day and all day relief.
- ALLEGRA FOR ADULTS: Allegra provides noticeable relief from indoor and outdoor allergy symptoms. Fast-acting formula goes into effect within an hour of dosage, with antihistamine effects lasting up to 24 hrs, for a full day of relief from allergy symptoms.
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR ALLERGIES: Allegra relieves allergy symptoms caused by both outdoor & indoor allergens. Turn to Allegra for fast, effective relief from allergy symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose & watery eyes that can last up to 24 hours.
- NON-DROWSY ALLERGY PILLS: Sneezing? Runny nose? Itchy eyes and throat? Allegra provides hours of allergy symptom relief without the drowsiness of other some other allergy remedies, so you can feel better and get back to your day.
- ALLEGRA MEANS RELIEF: For non-drowsy allergy symptom relief for adults & kids that can last for hours. Allegra is available in Gelcaps, Tablets, Children's meltable tablets, and Children's Liquid, for relief from indoor and outdoor allergies.
- ALLERGY RELIEF: Turn to Allegra for long-lasting non-drowsy allergy relief for the whole family. Help fight pollen & try our products including: Gelcaps, Allegra-D, Children's Liquid & Meltable Tablets.
- Relief of Sneezing
- Runny nose
- Itchy, watery eyes
- Itchy nose or throat
- Contains fexofenadine HCI
- APPROVED FOR INDOOR AND OUTDOOR ALLERGY RELIEF: The active ingredient in GoodSense Allergy Relief is Loratadine 10 mg, an antihistamine approved for the treatment of both indoor and outdoor allergy symptoms.
- 24-HOUR RELIEF: Each allergy pill contains 10 mg of Loratadine, the original prescription strength. It provides 24-hour relief of: runny nose; itchy, watery eyes; sneezing; itching of the nose or throat
- ALLERGY MEDICINE: GoodSense Allergy Relief Loratadine Tablets, 10 mg temporarily relieves symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies: runny nose; itchy, watery eyes; sneezing; itching of the nose or throat
- EFFECTIVE: Each Goodsense Loratadine 10 mg tablet, an allergy medicine, provides 1 day of relief and contains no gluten.
- DIRECTIONS: Adults and children 6 years and over: one 10 mg tablet once daily; do not take more than one 10 mg tablet in 24 hours. Children under 6 years of age and consumers with liver or kidney disease, ask a doctor.
- 45-count bottle of Zyrtec 24 Hour Allergy Tablets for powerful relief of your worst indoor and outdoor allergy symptoms, including runny nose, sneezing, itchy, watery eyes, and itchy nose and throat
- These prescription-strength allergy relief tablets work fast and stay strong by providing all-day allergy relief that starts working hard at hour one and works twice as hard when taken again the next day
- This powerful antihistamine contains 10 mg of cetirizine hydrochloride in each anti-allergy tablet and effectively treats indoor allergies caused by dust, mold, and pet dander, as well as outdoor allergies caused by tree pollen, weeds, and grasses
- Get effective allergy relief caused by hay fever and other upper respiratory allergies from the #1 allergist-recommended brand among over the counter oral antihistamines
- Suitable for those 6 years of age and older, this anti-allergy medicine provides powerful, effective relief for a full 24 hours in just a single dose
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT: The active ingredient in this product is cetirizine hydrochloride, an antihistamine approved for the treatment of both indoor and outdoor allergy symptoms. Compare Basic Care All Day Allergy to the active ingredient of Zyrtec.
- 24-HOUR ALLERGY RELIEF: Temporarily provides relief of symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies: runny nose; sneezing; itchy, watery eyes; itching of the nose or throat.
- INDOOR AND OUTDOOR ALLERGY RELIEF: Temporarily relieves common indoor and outdoor allergy symptoms.
- EFFECTIVE: These allergy pills are original prescription strength and gluten free. Cetirizine hydrochloride is an antihistamine approved for the treatment of both indoor and outdoor allergy symptoms.
- UNDERSTANDING ALLERGIES: An allergy is a sensitivity to a substance that is normally harmless. Flowers, trees, a family pet, or dust are examples of things that can cause an allergy. Cetrizine Hydrochloride, 10 mg tablets provide up to 24 hours of temporary allergy relief.
- FLONASE nose spray allergy medicine relieves nasal congestion, runny nose, sneezing, itchy nose, and itchy, watery eyes
- FLONASE Allergy Relief is the number 1 doctor recommended allergy brand (Among over the counter (OTC)) allergy medications based on physician’s survey dated 6/23/17)
- Full prescription strength FLONASE nasal spray provides non drowsy, 24 hour relief
- Use nose spray once daily throughout allergy season for continuous relief
- Contains the active ingredient fluticasone propionate
- AllerClear temporarily relieves symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies.
- This provides 24 hour indoor and outdoor allergies relief of sneezing, runny nose, itchy, watery eyes, and itchy throat or nose.
- The Loratadine tablets, 10mg formula is the original prescription strength.
- Do not take more than 1 tablet in 24 hours.
- The general directions are for adults and children 6 years and over.
- Breathe a Little Easier – A powerful antihistamine, our formula helps control coughs and runny noses for clearer, healthier breathing.
- Clear, Healthy Eyes – Reduce the dry, itchy eyes and redness caused by pollen, dander, and seasonal allergies for true clarity.
- Relieve Common Cold Symptoms – This anti-allergy medicine for kids and adults also helps reduce sneezing and itchy noses and throats.
- Rest Better – Diphenhydramine HCl can cause drowsiness which can help your body relax for a better night’s rest. Avoid driving after use.
- Use as Directed – These HCl antihistamine tablets should always be used as directed. Please read package for more details on proper use and dosage.
- Clarify Allergy Symptoms – Relieve allergies with this non-drowsy medicine that helps relieve sneezing, runny nose, itchy and watery eyes, and itchy nose and throat.
- Advanced 24-Hour Relief – Formulated with 180mg of Fexofenadine HCl, you’ll enjoy a full day of relief from all your indoor and outdoor allergy symptoms.
- Non-Drowsy Formula – A true non-drowsy formula for kids and adults
- Fast-Acting Support – Enjoy 24-hour allergy relief starting within a single hour of use and lasting a full day after ingestion. Perfect for staying allergy-free every day
- Inside and Outside Protection – This advanced allergy-relief formula can help relieve symptoms caused by hay fever, pollen, pet dander, and other common allergens
Dog Allergy Medicine
Types of allergies
Before you know about the medicines that are to be given to your dog with allergy, you should know about the various kinds of allergies that are common in dogs. This will give you a better view of the situation. With a better understanding of dog allergies, you can treat your dog better by choosing the perfect medicine. Here are the common types:
Flea Allergy Dermatitis
This type of allergy is particular to the skin which is caused by the saliva of fleas. This might result in irritation that is extreme and the swelling of the epidermis. One easy way to avoid this is to comb your dog everyday so that no fleas can stay inside the coat. If it is possible, consider bathing your dog very frequently. We suggest that you use natural remedies for this kind of allergy and not chemical based ones, as they might further aggravate the issue.
You must have heard that food allergies in dogs are pretty common and some of them might even have some serious effects. Dogs of any age can get a food allergy and it will require professional assistance if you want to know the source of the allergy.
The symptoms of food allergies can be digestive problems like diarrhea, itchy coat, infections in the ear, etc. So it is pretty complicated to figure out the food you want to eliminate, without seeking a vet’s help.
Allergies from the environment
Dogs love to stay outdoors since it gives them so much space to run around and play. But this is also a strong source of causing allergies which are mostly manifested in irritations in your pet. Dust mites, cleaning chemicals, pollen, mold, grasses, etc, can be sources that cause these environmental allergies. In this case, the earlier your notice the symptoms, the better it is. This is because of your pet is exposed more to the allergens, the allergy will increase.
You can avoid this type of allergy by keeping the surroundings clean and free of smoke. Use air purifier inside your house and natural products for cleaning. Try to keep your dog’s feet clean because it might drag sources of allergy from the outside, into your home.
The treatment with Dog Allergy Medicine
If you are looking for dog allergy medicine, then you should probably try using some natural treatments initially and see if your pet responds to that. Here are some common natural therapies you can try out:
Yucca is a type of anti-inflammatory that is totally natural and has helped dogs through years. Also, the good part is that it does not have side effects and you can incorporate it daily in the diet of your dog. You can put in it the food or it can even be applied on the skin to the areas that are affected by allergy.
There are Omega 3 fatty acids which make your pet less prone to catching an allergy. Remember that natural medications will take more time to act upon the system of your dog but they will work. So you need to be patient. There are meals that are rich in Omega 3 acids which a lot of these pet food companies have. You can also try Omega 3 fatty acids in the liquid form that is also available at pet care brands. However, make sure you choose the product carefully and ensure its high quality.
Biotin is a kind of Vitamin B which has been known to benefit dogs who suffer from dry skin, itchy skin, seborrhea, etc. Also, there are fatty acids in Biotin which as you already know, are great to treat allergies. There is no toxic effect of Biotin as well so your dog is safe to use this. You can find Biotin as a supplement powder which has other ingredients too, or you can buy plain Biotin as well.
Non natural remedies
Other than what we have already discussed, there are remedies that are mostly chemical based, as well. Steroids are a good example which can be given to your dog orally or you can use a steroid injection. Usually, steroids are used when the allergy is pretty aggravated and a high dose is administered. It is also advisable to give oral steroids because not a lot of it is circulated in the body and this decreases the chances of side effects.
Then you also have the option of antihistamines. One very common example is Benadryl. But then you do not really know which antihistamine will work for your pet as dogs respond differently to different antihistamines. Other common names are Diphenhydramine, Hydroxyzine HCI, etc. Although used mostly for humans, antihistamines are effective for dogs as well. Make sure that you use any antihistamine only after you have consulted a veterinarian.
Common side effects of antihistamines are constipation, loss of appetite, hyperactivity, dry mouth, etc. But this also depends on the amount that your dog intakes. If the vet is good then the side effects can be controlled with the dosage.
Now that you know some basics of dog allergy medicine, you can make a better choice when it comes to buying one. Many dog allergy medicines are sold by reputed pet care brands. We suggest you go for a high quality one without compromising with the health of your pet. You can order online or check out your nearest pet specialty store for dog allergy medicine.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-12-13