A dog crate is an enclosure with a door, wherein you can keep your dog for transportation or security purposes. A dog crate looks similar to a natural den of a dog. We offer dog crates in different sizes, shapes, and materials.
Best Dog Crates
- Dog crate with single-door design for front entry
- Two slide-bolt door latches for increased safety and security
- Sturdy metal construction; folds flat for easy storage/portability
- Optional divider panel and removable composite plastic pan included
- Measures approximately 36x23x25 inches (LxWxH)
- Single door folding metal dog crate. New World dog crate measures 42L x 28W x 30H inches and is suitable for large dog breeds between 71 - 90 pounds
- Folding metal dog crate includes a leak-proof plastic pan & a 1-year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Two heavy duty slide-bolt latches (per door) securely lock dog crate door in place keeping your dog safely inside their pet home
- Folding metal dog crate assembles easily without tools & folds flat for convenient storage, travel & portability inside & outside your home
- Durable metal dog crate design creates a safe place for your pet while you're away & provides for your dog's instinctual inchesden inches instincts
- ICrate the 'All Inclusive Dog Crate' Includes Free divider panel, durable dog tray, carrying handle, 4 'roller' Feet to protect floors & Midwest quality Guarantee 1 year Warranty
- Medium / Large Single DOOR FOLDING DOG CRATE ideal for Dogs w/ adult weight of 41 to 70 pounds, Convenient divider panel allows crate to expand as Your dog grows, iCrate measures 36 Length x 23 Width x 25 Height inches
- Your DOG'S Home WHILE YOU'RE AWAY FROM Home: Durable Design creates a safe place for Your pet while you're away & caters to Your dog’s natural “den” instincts
- SAFE & SECURE Home: Two heavy duty slide bolt latches firmly locks dog crate door in place keeping Your dog safely inside their dog crate
- Easy ASSEMBLY & Portable Design: Sets up in seconds w/ no tools required for assembly & folds flat for convenient storage or Travel, Roller Feet protect hardwoods, make repositioning Easy
- ULTIMATE CONVENIENCE & PERFECT STARTER KIT FOR THE NEW DOG OWNER; Everything you need arrives in 1 carton so you can enjoy more time with your new family member
- LARGE DOG BREED KIT INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO GET STARTED! | 1 fully equipped 2 door iCrate, 1 dog bed, 1 crate cover & 2 (1 quart) pet bowls that affix to the dog crate; Dog crate measures 42L x 28W x 30H inches when assembled
- STARTER KIT ideal for large dog breeds with adult weight up to 71 90 pounds
- DESIGNED TO FIT & USER FRIENDLY, Fleece pet bed & polyester crate cover fit your dog crate & are machine washable/dryer friendly; 2 inches Snap'y Fit inches dog bowls are designed to attach to the dog crate keeping food & water in one convenient location
- MIDWEST HOMES FOR PETS QUALITY GUARANTEE: Entire dog crate kit includes 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty on all products
- Secure double latch step through door access, exercise pen / pet playpen folds flat for convenient storage; dogs: 26 to 40 pounds
- Each panel measures 24 Width x 30 Height inches, exercise pen / pet playpen provides 16 square feet of enclosed area (1.5 meters)
- Includes 8 ground anchors for outdoor use, 8 corner stabilizers and 4 thumb snaps for easy assembly
- Durable black E coat finish, provides long lasting protection, features secure double latch door
- Easy set up ; no tools required for assembly; exercise pen Includes 1 year manufacturer's warranty
- Double door folding metal dog crate, Life Stages measures 36L x 24W x 27H inches & is suitable for intermediate dog breeds
- Versatile 2 door dog crate includes a FREE divider panel, durable dog tray, carrying handle, "roller" feet to protect floors & a “MidWest Quality Guarantee” 1 year Manufacturer's Warranty. Note, we manufacture the iCrate and the Life Stages Dog Crate. The main difference is the Life Stages is made of heavier gauge steel and has a tighter wire mesh making it stronger than iCrate
- Two heavy duty slide bolt latches (per door) securely lock dog crate door in place keeping your dog safely inside their pet home
- Easy assembly & portable dog crate | Sets up in seconds w/ no tools required for assembly & dog crate folds flat for convenient storage or travel
- Durable design creates a safe place for your pet while you're away & provides for your dog's instinctual "den" instincts. Patented rounded corner clips greatly reduce possible sharp points your dog's crate for a safer experience for you & your dog
- Heavy duty frame: made from rust and corrosion-resistant steel,strong and durable, hard to be damaged,nontoxic finished surface keep your dog health and render excellent anti-rust ability,suitable for most medium and large dogs,two locks with the safety buckles to prevent the dogs from opening the door and escaping.
- Double door & locking caster design: The front door is suitable for pet in and out,the top door also can be opened for you interacting with your dog. 360 degree rotated locking casters can help you to move crate anywhere easily and lock the wheels to keep the crate in place.
- Easy to clean:Removable (slide-out) plastic tray helps you to catch the fallen dog food and excrement,and allows you to wipe and clean easily.
- Easy to assemble:All hardware pack included,just need to fit it with four wheels and eight screw bolts, locks were pre-assembled,Just takes 3-5 minutes to complete.
- Overall Dimensions: 41.5"L X 30.5"W X 37"H; Internal height of the dog cage (excluding wheels): 32"H; Metal pipe spacing:2"; Metal"slat-like" floor spacing:1" Color: Black.
- TRAVEL CARRIER: This kennel features sturdy plastic construction, 360-degree ventilation & a squeeze latch door for easy loading & unloading. It's 28 inches long & ideal for pets 20-30 lbs.
- SECURE & STRESS FREE: This carrier offers simple, no-tool construction for easy assembly & features a handle on top for carrying. A raised interior & secure tie-down holes provide a safe & comfortable travel experience.
- KENNELS & HOUSES: Crate & kennel training is vital for dog safety & comfort. We provide traditional travel carriers, wire training & exercise kennels, play pens, barn-style dog houses & more.
- PETMATE: For over 50 years, we at Petmate are passionate about our dogs, cats & furry friends in general. Starting with the very first dog kennel, we've produced plenty of eco-friendly products that pets will love.
- JUST FOR PETS: Petmate makes a variety of pet products for dogs, cats, chickens & other small furry friends! Check out our brands such as Aspen Pet, Arm & Hammer, Booda, Chuckit!, Jackson Galaxy & more!
- Giant double door metal dog crate measures 54 Lenght x 37 Width x 45Height Inches & weighs 80.2 pounds, Ideal for extra Large dog breeds weighing over 90 pounds (Great Dane)
- Dog Crate is double door configuration w/ sturdy drop pin assembly. Includes Easy to clean / removable tray & patent pending 'L Bar' safety feature , Wire Gauge 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 12
- Mesh : 1.5 x 5 inch; Durable metal dog crate Design w/ 3 heavy duty secure slide bolt latches per door, Please Note this is an XXL dog crate & requires 2 people for assembly
- Drop pin construction ensures strong & secure dog crate assembly & patented "L" bar on Top panel reinforces the dog crate side panels to prevent them bowing inward after assembly; Dog Weight 110+ Pounds
- Protective E Coat finish prevents rust for long lasting use & dog crate Includes MidWest Guarantee 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Size: 20" long x 14" wide x 14" high; fully assembled; set-up and fold-down in seconds, no tools needed. ATTENTION BUYERS! About 90% of the returns are because of purchasing the wrong sized crates. To avoid having to return the crate, please measure your dog and make sure that the 20" crate is not too small for him/her.
- The crate frame is made of strong steel tube; the crate cover is made of high quality durable 600D fabric and hex mesh fabric; a well ventilated, stylish, lightweight and durable crate
- Three mesh doors (on the top, front, and side) for convenience and for sunlight and breathability; two accessory pockets on the top and side; removable and washable cover and bed
- Free carrying bag and fleece bed included; a handle and hand carrying straps on the crate, hand carrying straps and adjustable padded shoulder strap on the carrying bag allow for many carrying options; folded crate with just 3" height for easy transport and storage
- 2 Year Warranty from EliteField, a New York-based Pet Product Manufacturer. The "EliteField" brand is ranked #1 under Amazon's "Soft Dog Crate" category. This can be seen through searching for "Soft Dog Crate" on Amazon. Product Quality Guarantee, 100% Money-Back Guarantee, Customer Satisfaction Guarantee (See important information in "Product Description" section below)
Dog crates are basically used for security and transportation of dogs. They provide dogs a place of refuge while they are traveling to new surroundings or while they are at home. Moreover, dog crates are used to toilet train a new puppy, limit access as the dog learns rules, ensure the safety of the dog, confine a dog in locations where it can’t legally, safely, or freely roam, or to restrict the dog when visitors visit your house.
Crate training makes dogs familiar to the crate, which allows them to rest inside it without any stress. A dog crate is similar to a baby’s crib or a toddler’s playpen since it allows the owner to do their work without continuously monitoring their pet. However, you must ensure that you don’t lock your dog for a long time inside a dog crate since it can harm the dog mentally and psychologically.
Types of dog crates
There are various types of dog crates available on the market. These are:
Solid plastic dog crates
These are generally more suitable for dogs as compared to other dog crates for secure travel, like in an airplane. These crates are also safer than wire crates in car accidents. However, solid plastic dog crates can’t be folded for storage and take ample space.
Aluminum dog crates
These dog crates come in both folding and fixed options. They are light in weight and durable since they are made using the right bracing. Aluminum crates don’t corrode and provide an excellent vision and airflow for dogs. They are ideal for car travel and at veterinary hospitals.
Plus, you can use an aluminum dog crate as a permanent dog den inside the home and as a breeding kennel. Some of these crates are equipped with solid walls and others have bars. The latter ones are more appropriate for dogs who want to see out of the crate for their comfort. Other dogs may like the feel of a den with solid walls for their safety.
Wire dog crates
These dog crates can be generally folded for transport or storage, even though this might be a bit hard since they are quite heavy for their size. Wire crates provide more flow of air to the dog and a clear inside view to people. Wire dog crates come in different sizes, which make them ideal for both dogs and puppies. Moreover, these crates are made of strong wires that can withstand pawing or chewing of overexcited dogs.
Wire dog crates are usually used at veterinary hospitals, kennels, and in car travel. Many pads and covers are also available for these types of dog crates. They make these crates more comfortable and safe for dogs. Wire crates can also be found at dog shows since they allow spectators to clearly see the dogs. Plus, the winning sashes, ribbons, and rosettes can be hung on these dog crates for display.
Soft-sided/fabric dog crates
These crates have fabric on a metal frame. You can easily fold these dog crates for transport or storage. Soft-sided crates are lightweight and provide security, airflow, and visibility to the dog. These affordable crates are ideal for temporarily housing a pet. However, fabric dog crates can’t be used for dogs that generally chew or dig at the crate. Moreover, soft-sided dog crates are inapt for moving dogs in vehicles.
Dog tents are quite similar to soft-sided dog crates. It’s just that they are ultra lightweight and can be folded to a smaller size. This allows you to easily take dog tents almost anywhere and stuff them into tent bags.
Dog tents are great for dog owners who want to pack their dog crates in suitcases or cramped vehicles or who want to camp, hike, or love dog sports. However, similar to soft crates, dog tents are not appropriate for moving dogs in vehicles or for dogs that are not housebroken.
Travel dog crates
As the name suggests, these crates are particularly designed for transporting pets in vehicles. Some of these crates can also be used on airplanes. Plus, a few travel dog crates can be used for dog crate training or in your home.
Decorative dog crates
These are made of rattan, finished wood, and other custom products that are made to match the décor of your home. They look attractive with a furniture-like appearance. Plastic or wood crates are ideal for experienced dogs that have been trained for the crate. Decorative dog crates are generally not suitable for transportation and for destructive dogs. However, they provide an enclosure to your dog at home.
Factors to consider while buying a dog crate
Before you buy a dog crate, make sure you consider the factors written below. These include:
- Sizes: Dog crates come in different sizes. You need to choose one according to the size of your dog. This not only includes its height and weight but also its girth and length. The right size of dog crate will let your dog fully turn around, stand up, and stretch out.
- Materials: Dog crates are made of different materials, such as metal, wire, fabric, plastic, wood, etc. You need to choose one as per your requirements.
- Safety: The dog crate you purchase should be safe for your dog while it’s locked inside it.
- Style: Dog crates come in different styles. You can choose one according to your preferences and requirements.
- Durability: Make sure the dog crate you buy is durable enough. It should be made of high-quality and sturdy raw materials.
- Portability: If you intend to carry your dog crate with you for transporting your dog or for any other reason, then you must make sure that the dog crate is portable. This means that it should be small in size, lightweight, and easy to carry around.
- Cost: You must check the price of the dog crate you want to buy in order to know that it fits your budget. Prices of dog crates differ from one brand to another.
When you consider all these factors for buying a dog crate, you can get the right crate for your dog.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2020-01-27