If you have been a dog owner who is insanely concerned about the safety of their dog, then we are sure that you must have heard about dog doors. While there is still some contention about how beneficial they actually are, we will tell you about them in detail. This way, you will be able to be the better judge yourself.
Top Dog Doors
- WEATHER TIGHT CLOSURE: Soft, transparent single flap with magnetic closure for weather tight seal
- EASY INSTALLATION: Easy, do-it-yourself replacement and the bottom of the flap has a thin, black weather sweep without ridges
- FLAP DIMENSIONS: 10 1/8" x 16 7/8"; 5 holes at the top of the flap for adjustment
- COMPATIBLE PETSAFE DOORS: PetSafe Freedom Aluminum Pet Door, the PetSafe Plastic Pet Door, the PetSafe Extreme Weather Pet Door, the PetSafe Wall Entry Aluminum Pet Door and the PetSafe Freedom Patio Panel Pet Door
- Call, chat or email with our expert US-based customer care specialists six days a week; they are waiting to assist you and your pet with your product needs
- PetSafe Brand has been an industry leading US manufacturer of pet behavior, containment and lifestyle products since 1991, helping millions of people and pets each year
- Impact-resistant frame that adapts to doors ranging from 1-1/4-Inch to 2-Inch in thickness
- Flexible vinyl flap with patented edges that won't warp from use or extreme temperatures
- For dogs and cats up to 90 pounds, Average install time: 20 minutes
- Floating bottom threshold for perfect seal every time; Lock-out slide to keep your Ideal Pet out of mischief when unsupervised
- Pet Door Flap Size: 10.5 x 15-Inch, one year warranty
- Manufacturer Warranty does not apply to product purchased through Amazon Warehouse, and any used product sellers
- Transparent flap is a great option for pets who want to check surroundings before using pet door
- easy to install - 4 screws and its caps included in the set makes you easily install in windows, glass, doors, etc.
- The Plastic Pet Door includes a durable, snap-on closing panel.Use the snap-on closing panel to keep your pet from using the door, to keep strays out of your home or for additional weather resistance.
- Fit all animals - Flap size is 12" x 17", suits all breeds of dogs,For dog up to 100 pounds
- This pet door includes a detailed cutting template and instructions for easy installation into people doors. With the PetouchPlastic Pet Door, your pet will love the freedom, and you will love the convenience.
- SIZE: Medium: External size: 10.6''(W) x 12.9''(H), Internal size:9.2''(W) x 11''(H),suitable for installation on doors, and wooden walls or any wall or door that is up to 50mm thick, Recommended Door Thickness: 1 1/4" to 2"; Flap Size: 7"-11.5"; For Dogs & Pets Up To 60 LBS: suitable for cats lighter than 27 Lb and waist circumference less than 23".
- White Plastic & Aluminum Lining: Made of ABS plastic, waterproof , the surface is smooth and durable;Low-maintenance, weatherproof pet flap with inner telescoping frame.
- Soft Flexible Flap With Magnetic Closure: Transparent flap preferred by most pets, draft and rainproof brush sealed flap with closure. Brush strip to reduce energy loss and noise, ensure that neither the pets nor the owner will be disturbed.The Flap Will Not Warp Over Time Or Under Extreme Temperatures.
- 2-Way Locking: Removable Self-Locking Slide Panel can easily prevent any unwanted guests from entering; Helps Protect Against Extreme Weather, Air Drafts, As Well As Bugs And Insects.
- Very Easy To Install With Just 5 Easy Steps: EASY TO INSTALL. Detailed Instructions are included, Screws and its caps included in the set makes you easily install in windows, doors, cupboards, panels and walls, etc. If the door is too thick to be fixed to, you could cut the tunnel deeper using a scissors, saw or cutting machine. Average Installation Time: 25 Minutes.
- Excellent design that is flexible and safe. It is insulated, durable and has an environmentally friendly
- All weather single or double flap versions available for outstanding energy efficiency and maximum w
- Includes a sturdy security locking cover to close off access when not in use
- White aluminium framing installed into stucco, siding and other exterior wall materials in your home
- 10" x 18" opening ideal for large dog breeds and can be shared with smaller dogs and cats
- Designed specifically for VINYL Sliding Patio Doors Only. Fits 1 ½" -1 ¾" VINYL Sliding Patio Door track.
- Adjustable Height: 76-3/4" To 78-1/2" (78"). To ensure ordering correct height, measure flush at top track to the inside bottom track of your VINYL Sliding Patio Door frame.
- White VINYL frame features DUAL PANE tempered "low e" glass.
- Extra Large size 10-1/4" x 15-3/4" flexible 3-part Double Wall LEXAN flap.
- Need Assistance? E-mail Ideal Pet Products expert US-based customer care specialists seven days a week! Manufacturer Warranty does not apply to product purchased through Amazon Warehouse Deals or any used product sellers.
- Designed To Fit ALUMINUM Sliding Patio Doors Only
- The Ideal Choice For Rentals. Installs Easily, No Tools Required
- Adjustable Height: 77-5/8 To 80-3/8" (80") (Measure flush at top track to the inside bottom track of your sliding patio door frame)
- Medium size 7 x 11-1/4" flexible, transparent vinyl flap
- Patio panel frame color is Mill (Satin Silver) with clear tempered safety glass
- Manufacturer Warranty does not apply to product purchased through Amazon Warehouse Deals
- Durable, low-maintenance, energy-efficient pet door with inner telescoping frame
- Made from strong, impact-resistant ABS thermoplastic with a clear, weather-resistant Lexan flap
- For dogs and cats up to 90 pounds
- Installs easily and securely in minutes
- Flap Size - 10 1/4" x 15 3/4"
- Manufacturer Warranty does not apply to product purchased through Amazon Warehouse Deals
- Need Assistance? E-mail Ideal Pet Products expert US-based customer care specialists seven days a week!
- The last doggy door you'll ever have to buy: Durable aluminum alloy frame performs far longer than plastic doors while weatherproof magnetic flap closure ensures energy efficiency
- Help relieve your dog's anxiety: Giving your dog the freedom to go outside to play, use the restroom, or just get a breath of fresh air on his own makes your dog a happier, healthier dog
- Extra Large door measurements: Cutout - 14 1/2" Wide x 24 5/8" High | Flap/Entrance - 14 1/8" Wide x 23 5/8" High
- Safe and secure: The included security panel locks in place, from the inside, in 2 spots. No unwanted visitors while you're away from home
- 5 year warranty: Register your dog door for the extended coverage
- Medium Dimensions: Opening = 9" Wide x 12" Tall, Cut Out = 11 1/2" Wide x 13 5/8" Tall, Overall Dimensions = 13 3/4" Wide x 15 1/4" Tall
- Savings: Installing a PlexiDor Pet Door Could Save You As Much As 10% Off Your Energy Bill
- Versatile: A Door Mounted Plexidor Doggie Door Can Be Installed into Doors Made of Wood, Fiberglass, Steel or Glass. They Come in 4 Sizes and 3 Different Colors
- American Made: Plexidor Dog Doors are PROUDLY Made Right Here in the U.S.A. and Come With A 10 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Free Gift: Each Door is Bundled with a FREE eXtreme Dog Fence Pet Grooming and Massaging Glove
What is a dog door?
Dog doors are small openings at the bottom of your main door which is meant for the dog to peep out from. They have a flap which can move when the dog puts out its head through the small dog door. These tiny openings can be fitted to screen doors, a wooden or glass door, a patio door, etc.
What are the right measurements?
People often make the mistake of measuring their doors when it comes to choosing a dog door. The door is secondary because it can anyway accommodate a small dog door. What is more important is the measurements of your dog. Yes! That’s right. Since it is your dog that will be peeping out every now and then, through the dog door, the most vital is to measure your dog according to the size of the door.
While you take the measurements of your dog, you will have to concentrate on the area around the head and neck. The height of the dog door is right when the door ends before two inches of touching the shoulder. This way, the dog can move around freely without getting stuck.
The width of the dog door also should be at least two inches away from the hips area or the area around the shoulders. When you take this measurement, always leave some extra space in the width because there is always a possibility that your dog might gain weight.
If you have more than one dog, then the measurement gets slightly complicated here. You need to have a door that will be right for a really small dog and perfect for a large dog too. The solution here is to choose doors that have buttons on them for the flap. So you can button the flap and make adjustments accordingly when you want to allow or restrict the movement of your dogs. For instance, if you leave a smaller space after buttoning the flap, your small puppy will not be able to run out of the door.
Advantages of a dog door
If you want to improve the lifestyle of your dog, one of the easiest ways to do it is to install a dog door. It is a onetime investment and the benefits are for a lifetime. Here are the advantages of having a dog door at home:
You do not have to take your pet out every time it needs to relieve itself. It is also unhealthy for a dog to hold it in long. Having a dog door will let it to move freely without your assistance every time. We have all faced the problems with cleaning our house after our dogs have soiled carpets, floors, bedsheets, and what not. If your pet has the option of moving out and taking a dump, there is no chance that you have to keep cleaning your house because your dog dirtied it. So, you save energy and time as well.
If your pet moves around the house more, it will be more active in everything it does. Often our dogs suffer from boredom and become lazy in the process. A dog door will give your dog the opportunity to move out whenever it wants so that it can play and stay happy.
Mental well being
Apart from being physically active, your dog will also feel better generally because of the freedom that a dog door provides. If you are busy and have no time to play with your dog, it can go out and having fun rolling on the grass. This will mentally stimulate your dog and in turn it will be more observant too.
Solve problematic behavior
When our dogs stay indoors a lot, they often end up having problems in their behavior. This can manifest in multiple ways like chewing of everything inside the house, soiling floors, biting even people at home, anxiety, cranky attitude, etc. A lot of time it has been seen that such behavior can be solved by letting your dog out more. The more fresh air they have, the more movement they can do, the better your dogs feel.
There have been instances of fire or leaking of water and such other emergencies inside the home. In such cases, if your dog is inside alone and you are away, then it can be life threatening for them. Dogs can sense dangers and the moment something like that happens, your dog will run out and save itself.
Protect your home
If some criminals are planning to attack your home, they will think twice before breaking into your house the moment they see a dog door. They will know that it is not easy to break in with a dog as it will attack them. This has been known to save the day for many families.
Things to consider
You might be super excited to buy a dog door after having read all the benefits but that is not all. Take some time out to consider the safety measures you need to take before installing it. Make sure that you have a high fence around the house so that your dog cannot run out of your compound and into the road. Plus, you should not have a water body like a swimming pool in your compound. You do not want your dog to go swimming without supervision when you’re not home.
Other than this, there are not many things to keep in mind. Just like any other product, a dog door too requires some care. You will need to check it from time to time and clean it. Order it today!
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-08-17