Dog Eye Drops
Often many cases are reported of dogs suffering from all kinds of eye problems. People come with their dogs to the vet at times only when the problem has really grown. What owners do not realize in such cases is that eye problems are sensitive and delaying the treatment will only increase the infection. If you want to know how to treat your dog if it suffers from some issues related to the eyes, then reading this article will give you an insider’s view into the matter.
Best Dog Eye Drops
- ALL ANIMAL EYE WASH. Provide safe, effective relief to your pet’s eye irritations and wounds with this eye wash. It can also be used to remove debris or for regular eye care. Approved for use on all animals, from cats and dogs to horses and livestock.
- PAIN-FREE SOLUTION. Flush affected eyes with this eye wash or a saturated dressing 3-4 times per day until the condition is no longer visible. Safe for use around the mouth, nose, ears and eyes. Helps prevent tear stains with regular use.
- RECOMMENDED BY VETERINARIANS. Save yourself the expense of a trip to vet with solutions your animal care provider would recommend. From your home to the farm or ranch, care for your animals where they are happy and comfortable.
- INNOVATIVE, RELIABLE ANIMAL HEALTHCARE PRODUCTS. Vetericyn is committed to developing the most safe, effective and innovative animal health and wellness products in the world. Each one is produced with scientific research and a standard of excellence.
- STANDARDS YOU CAN TRUST. All products are manufactured under strict international guidelines and in an FDA-registered, state-of-the-art facility in the USA. Parent company Innovacyn, Inc. is family-owned and operated since 2009 in Rialto, CA.
- Offers longer ocular surface residence
- Reducing the number of daily applications
- Viscoadaptive clear solution with 0.25% hyaluronan
- Eye Lubrication
- Eye wetting agent
- Provides long lasting comfort to dry, itchy and irritated eyes
- Suppots long lasting corneal Protection and Hydration
- This item cannot ship to CA
- Broad spectrum effectiveness against both Gram positive and Gram negative organisms including Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- The combined antibacterial effect of oxytetracycline hydrochloride and polymyxin B is at least additive and in many instances an actual synergistic action occurs
- 1/8 oz
- For Dogs and Cats
- Offers relief of discomfort from minor eye irritation
- All-natural, soothing solution for eyes
- Highest quality vitamin C and Zinc on the market
- Provides long-lasting lubrication for dry doggie and kitty eyes with carbomer + hyaluron.
- Dual-hydrating formula acts like natural tears to protect, soothe, and moisten eyes.
- Gel forms a water-like barrier on contact with your pal’s eyes for maximum comfort and protection.
- Simply instill one to two drops into your pal’s eyes as often as needed.
- Comes in a convenient, ready-to-use stand up tube that’s great for on the go.
- Lubricating solution for companion animals suffering from ocular surface disorders
- Brings immediate and lasting relief with every blink
- Unique formulation continually refreshes
- Stabilizes the tear film providing superior comfort
- Multidose, preservative-free delivery system
- Gentle and easy-to-use — Burt's bees eye wash gently flushes out debris by mimicking our dog's own tears.
- Made with the highest quality ingredients — dog eye drops are made with natural ingredients include saline, which safely and gently cleans your dog's eyes.
- Use regularly — apply 2-3 drops into eye to rinse out debris from your dog or puppy's eyes.
- Suitable for all dogs and puppies — This mild dog saline eye wash eye wash is pH balanced specially for all dogs and puppies.
- 100% safe — dog eye Cleaner formula is veterinarian recommended, free of fragrances, sulfates, colorants, and harsh chemicals.
- Age Range Description: All Life Stages
Lubricant Eye Drops with N-Acetylcarnosine
Also known as carnosine eye drops
Contains two 5ml vials
- 4 month supply (maintenance dose - first bottle will last 6 weeks)
- Patented and clinically studied to treat animal cataracts, stabilize the eye and provide the nutrients needed to repair the eye to its healthy and protected state
- Aid in ocular health - OcluVet has multiple antioxidants to keep the eye healthy and strong
- Antioxidant Nutritional/Lubricant Eye Drops - scavenge free radicals that can degrade the health of your pet's eyes
- Ocluvet helps you to give the best for your dog
Dog Eye Drops
Are human eye drops same as dog eye drops?
The above question has come up so many times in connection to eye problems in dogs, that we could not keep this question aside. There are some basic eye drops that we use in humans, like the ones that are called tear drops. Mostly they are safe to be used on dogs as well. But again, we always suggest precaution and care because dogs can be quite sensitive to allergies.
There are eye drops that are meant to clean the eyes. The ones that humans use can also be used for dogs but if the problem is serious then this will not be the perfect solution. The inflammation will not go away. In that case, a vet will help.
How to put Dog Eye Drops into your pet’s eyes?
This is one of the most practical problems that dog owners often face while administering eye drops to their pooches. Dogs are quite jumpy when you bring a foreign element close to them. When it concerns the eyes, every movement has to be taken carefully. One slight jolt on your dog’s part, and the nozzle of the eye drop might cause injuries. So, knowing the right way to pour eye drops into your pet’s eyes without a mess is crucial.
The tips we have for you, have been tested on dogs and should most definitely help your case. However, their effectivity varies from one dog to the next, depending on how your dog reacts to a particular technique. So, we leave that part to your, to figure it out. Here are the tips:
Restraining your dog to administer a medicine will, in most cases, have quite the opposite result of what you want. If your dog feels restraint, it will be alert and know that something is going to happen. This will just make matters worse.
Instead, try to calm it down by patting your pet on the head, petting them, talking to them, and making them feel comfortable. If at all some struggle has to happen, you can try to hold your dog back with your hands, lift the head up, hold the chin firmly, and then put the eye drops.
If your dog can have its attention on something then it will help your case. A lot of owners use treats as a means to divert the attention of their dogs. You can teach your pet to follow your instruction, followed by which, it will get a treat. This will make your dog stay calm and you can quickly put the drops in. You can also hold the treat above the head so that when your pooch tilts the head to look up, you can hold it by its face and put the drops.
Do not falter
As we have said earlier, putting eye drops can be trickier than it sounds. Even the slightest movement can be dangerous to the eyes. Remember to keep the bottle ready, your hands steady and stay calm. If you fidget, your dog will too. As soon as you see a chance, grab it to put the eye drops safely. All this should be done while you maintain your balance without faltering with your aim.
Does your dog need Dog Eye Drops?
You might be wondering about the right time to use Dog Eye Drops on your pet. There are a few common symptoms that will indicate any eye problem in your dog. The most obvious one is if you see some discharge from the eyes of your pet. This can be cause by multiple things like some foreign body in the eye, dust, some internal infection like conjunctivitis, etc.
If the discharge is watery, the reason should mostly be because of dust or dirt. But if you see pus or yellowy discharge then the problem is quite serious. In any case, consulting a vet at the earliest convenience is the right thing to do.
Why use Dog Eye Drops?
Dog owners often have the doubt if Dog Eye Drops will be able to cure the eye problems that their pet might be facing. Just like in humans, doctors prescribe eye drops as a support, the same is in the case of dogs. For instance, if your pet has problems that are caused by foreign elements in the eye, dry eyes, dust allergy, etc, then a good eye drop should be able to set the problem straight.
However, in more serious cases like glaucoma, corneal infection, tear duct problems, abnormalities in the eye, etc, a more detailed and lengthy procedure will be undertaken by the vet. In such cases, too, eye drops will be given to your dog but they cannot help your pet single handedly. So, we always advise seeking the opinion of a vet before you treat your dog’s eyes at home.
Things to keep mind
A few words of caution should be kept in your mind before you put eye drops into the eyes of your pet. Having your nails chipped and filed is good because the chances of hurting your dog are less. Plus, keep the nozzle close to the eye, but not too much. Never take a decision of buying any eye drop unless you have consulted your dog’s vet, as this much create permanent damage in your dog’s eyesight.
If your vet has prescribed some Dog Eye Drops for your pet, then you should buy them at the earliest. You can easily find them online today, place an order, and you will get them right at your doorstep.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2020-01-22