Just like we worry about our diet and whether it contains all the sufficient nutrition, we also have to think about the diet balance of our pet dogs. Have you ever wondered if your dog gets enough vitamins in its share of food? Both home cooked food and dog meals are thought to be complete for a dog’s diet but this might not be true. Often they also need vitamins in the form of supplements to stay healthy. In this article we will tell you more about dog vitamins.
Best Dog Vitamins
- DAILY 5-IN-1 FORMULA - Zesty Paws Multivitamin Bites are chewable treats with vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that support the skin, coat, joints, heart, digestive function, and immune response for dogs of all ages, breeds, and sizes.
- SKIN & COAT CARE - This anti itch formula contains Cod Liver Fish Oil and Vitamin E to help dry skin while also helping coats.
- POWERFUL HIP & JOINT SUPPORT - Each dog chew features OptiMSM, a GRAS-designated distilled form of MSM. This mobility boosting ingredient works with the Glucosamine HCL and Chondroitin Sulfate in these chews for hip and joint health.
- DIGESTIVE ENZYME & PROBIOTICS - These chews also contain Digestive Enzymes, Niacin, and a five-strain Probiotic (500 million CFU per chew) to promote healthy digestion for dogs that struggle with gas, diarrhea, constipation, and bloating.
- HEART & IMMUNE HEALTH - Multivitamin Bites feature Kaneka Q10, a pure CoQ10 compound that that promotes healthy cardiovascular function, while Vitamin A, C and E provide powerful antioxidant support to bolster the immune system.
- 10 BENEFITS IN 1 DAILY TREAT - PetHonesty’s 10-For-1 Multivitamin Snacks combine a well-rounded blend of the most essential vitamins and supplements including glucosamine, probiotics, vitamins and omegas, for dogs’ overall daily health.
- JOINT HEALTH with GLUCOSAMINE - These natural soft chew supplement treats have high amounts of glucosamine and other joint support ingredients that reduce joint inflammation and increase mobility and flexibility in your dog.
- IMPROVE DIGESTION with 1 BILLION CFU PROBIOTICS - These one a day dog vitamins contain probiotics and pumpkin that help keep your dog’s digestive system running smoothly and decrease diarrhea, vomiting and stomach issues.
- KEEP SKIN + COAT HEALTHY with OMEGAS - Egg shell meal and omegas from krill oil heal dry, itchy and flaky skin and increase coat strength, shine and overall health.
- IMMUNE SYSTEM + HEART HEALTH with VITAMINS A, C AND D3 - A blend of vitamins with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties improves immune system and keeps heart strong and healthy. The soft chew treat form of these multivitamins are appealing and appetizing to dogs, making it easy for you to improve your dog’s overall health.
- All-In-One Soft Chews are the ideal dog vitamin to support your pet’s essential needs.
- Specially formulated to support digestion, skin & coat health while providing vitamin and mineral supplementation.
- Dog vitamin enhanced with digestive enzymes, Omegas-3, 6 and 9, Glucosamine and Chondroitin.
- Tasty soft chews that taste like a treat, packaged with a re-sealable jar to ensure freshness.
- Wheat Free, cGMP Compliant, Manufactured in the USA
- Contains 1 - 15 Ounce Bottle of Vitamin Treats for Dogs
- Start your dog's day off right with a tasty way to support his immune system, brain and heart, and digestion
- With real chicken as the #1 ingredient, these treats have a delicious flavor your dog is sure to love.
- Helps support immunity, heart, digestion and brain health.
- With beneficial omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants
- Zesty Paws Allergy Immune Supplement for Dogs - with Omega 3 Wild Alaskan Salmon Fish Oil & EpiCor + Digestive Prebiotics & Probiotics - Anti Itch & Skin Hot Spots + Seasonal Allergies - 90 Chews
- ENHANCED WITH EpiCor – At 80 mg per chew, EpiCor contains vitamins, protein, fiber, and antioxidants that are clinically proven to support the body's natural immune defenses to keep your dog healthy.
- PREBIOTIC & PROBIOTIC COMPLEX – These supplements feature a powerful Prebiotic and five strains of Probiotics for 250 million CFU of healthy bacteria that supports pet digestion and immune health.
- WILD ALASKAN SALMON OIL - Each chew contains Salmon Fish Oil to provide Omega 3 fatty acids EPA & DHA that provide skin and immune support for dogs with allergies that cause itching and hot spots.
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS - These chewables contain Colostrum, a pre milk that helps with allergies, immune function, and digestion, plus Apple Cider Vinegar and Organic Licorice Root for additional care.
- 8 IN 1 MULTIVITAMINS FOR SENIORS – Zesty Paws Senior Advanced Level Multivitamin Bites are nutritious soft chews with vitamin, mineral, and nutrient rich ingredients that promote wellness for small, medium and large geriatric canines.
- HIP & JOINT SUPPORT – This extra strength supplement contains a complex of Qmin+ Turmeric Curcumin, OptiMSM, Chondroitin and Glucosamine for dogs to promote comfort for the hips and joints to help relieve pain and arthritis problems.
- SKIN & COAT HEALTH – For dogs with itchy skin, hot spots, or weak and shedding coats, this multi-vitamin contains Cod Liver Fish Oil, plus a blend of Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Biotin to nourish the skin and coat for a healthy appearance.
- DIGESTIVE, IMMUNE & BLADDER FUNCTION – Featuring Digestive Enzymes, Cran-Max Cranberry, Vitamin C and Ceylon Cinnamon, this formula for canine geriatrics supports healthy digestion, the kidney and bladder, and also immune function.
- HEART, VISION & COGNITION – Each bite sized treat also contains Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), Lutemax 2020 (Lutein and Zeaxanthin), and Folic Acid to promote cardiovascular health, macular eye health, and overall cognitive brain function.
- Appropriate for all life stages
- Helps support Overall Wellness
- Chewable Tablets
- Suitable for everyday use when used as directed
- Packaging may vary
- 6 IN 1 SUPPLEMENT. Daily dog multivitamin contains essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients for skin, joints, heart, fur, digestion, and immune support for dogs of all sizes, ages and breeds. Made in USA.
- HIP AND JOINT SUPPLEMENT FOR DOGS. Our delicious chicken cheese & bacon dog vitamins are formulated with Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate to keep your pup playful, happy, and living their lives to the fullest!
- COAT AND SKIN SUPPORT. Our premium dog multivitamin soft chews are formulated with B Complex, and a powerful blend of Biotin and fortifying nutrients to keep your best friend soft, shiny, and itch free.
- PROBIOTIC DIGESTIVE, BLADDER AND IMMUNE SUPPORT. Formulated with 500 million CFU Bacillus Coagulans for digestive ease & relief from gas and bloating, our Dog Multivitamins help keep their immune system strong.
- SUPPORTS CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH. Our dog vitamins and supplements offer a range of health benefits, our dog multivitamin chews contain heart-healthy ingredients like CoQ10 and essential vitamins to support heart health.
- COSEQUIN is the #1 veterinarian recommended retail joint health supplement brand and has scientifically researched ingredients
- Your veterinarian may suggest COSEQUIN supplements if your dog is having difficulties climbing stairs, jumping into the car, or going for walks
- COSEQUIN supplements are formulated to meet a variety of needs
- COSEQUIN for dogs is available in a tasty chicken flavored chewable tablet to help your dog maintain healthy joints and support joint mobility
- Manufactured in the United States with globally sourced ingredients, COSEQUIN is a high quality, dog joint supplement, and is excellent for long-term use and maintenance
- Canine Plus Senior incorporates over 25 balanced ingredients that are not found in most dog foods or ordinary multivitamin supplements
- Each vegetable flavored soft chew provides vital minerals that support proper composition of body fluids, bone structure and helps to maintain healthy nerve function and cognitive health
- Canine Plus Senior is recommended for geriatric dogs to support heart, liver, brain and eye function as well as physical and mental well-being
- VetriScience products are veterinarian formulated and come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- VetriScience products are manufactured in the U.S.A
Does my dog need Dog Vitamins?
From provide core strength to the bones and muscles to making the skin and coat glow, Vitamins do a lot for dogs. If your dog is a fussy eater then vitamin supplements will be even more important because the diet does not suffice. Some particular illnesses that occur in dogs can be evaded just with the help of additional vitamin intake.
Whether your dog needs vitamins for certain illnesses can be discussed with a good vet. Doing this will not only give your dog the exact dog vitamins that it needs but it will also tell you the illness that needs to be taken care of. You also need to know that too much intake of certain vitamins can even cause problems. This is why we suggest a vet consultation so that you can have a detailed and an expert view of your dog’s health status.
What kind of vitamins are better?
A lot of the vitamins that you find in the market are all synthetic and hardly does your dog any good. A way better idea is to choose vitamins that are natural and will nourish the health of your pet from the roots. From the internal organs like kidneys, liver, lungs, to bones, muscles, and the top coat, these vitamins will take care of all.
List of Vitamins
The vitamins that we need are also necessary for dogs. Here is a list of the Vitamins and the effects they have on your pup’s health:
Vitamin A is a vitamin that is soluble in fat and takes a huge credit for the growth of a lot of things in a dog’s body. For example, the functioning of a cell, overall growth, immunity, etc, are all the credit of Vitamin A.
Vitamin B is further divided into smaller categories, each of which perform different functions. From helping in metabolism, regulation of hormones, to synthesizing of proteins, the different B Vitamins do a lot in your pet’s body.
Vitamin C works as an antioxidant and can even have anti-ageing properties. If your pup is hurt and has inflammation, then Vitamin C can help reduce that. A healthy dog has an ability to produce Vitamin C naturally in their liver but certain dogs might lack this. And in that case you will need to provide Vitamin C supplements.
This is a very important part of your dog’s body as it helps in the strengthening and growth of bones. It is responsible for the balance of calcium in a dog’s body and a deficiency of this can cause a hindrance in the normal growth of your pup.
If your dog has oxidative damage then Vitamin E will help fight against it. This Vitamin is fat soluble and takes a huge role in the metabolization of fat. Deficiency of this Vitamin can cause muscle degeneration and problems in reproduction. Also, your dog might have eyesight related problems if they have less of this Vitamin in their body.
Does your dog have a lot of blood loss in the slightest of injuries? Then probably it might be lacking in Vitamin K which helps to clot blood. Any deficiency of this Vitamin can be life threating at times too.
Omega-3 and Omega-6 have fatty acids in them which will be highly beneficial for the cardiovascular health of your pooch. Functions like digestion, the coat, skin, etc, will remain in good condition if your dog has sufficient fatty acids.
How to buy Dog Vitamins?
If you do not want to consult a vet before buying Dog Vitamins then some tips will surely help you. We have prepared a list that will help you choose the best one:
- Go for a company that has good ratings and tests their products clinically.
- Check the labels and know the ingredients properly without throwing stones in the dark. Being aware of the facts will help you in choosing the right product.
- The company should have checks based on the quality control of their products.
- A certification from an organization that is independent and is reviewing the company will work as an advantage factor for the brand.
- Go for products that are trustworthy and have been used by many dog owners.
Safety measures to be taken
Just like the fact that Vitamins can be extremely healthy and are necessary for the survival of dogs, they can have harmful effects too. For instance, the presence of excessive calcium can have problems related to the skeleton in big dogs. If Vitamin A is taken in large quantities, then it can lead to pain in the joints and problems in the blood vessels. Similarly, other vitamins too have potential risks.
In this matter, only an expert like a vet can help you to chart out the balance in the diet of your dog. Any decision taken otherwise will only make matters worse. A vet will be able to give proper instruction regarding the dosage of Dog Vitamins so that your pooch can romp about in the pink of health.
If you have consulted a vet, then you can go online and place an order for the kind of Dog Vitamins that have been prescribed for your dog. The process is absolutely hassle-free and you will get the product delivered at your doorstep in a jiffy. Or else, you will also find the prescribed Dog Vitamins at a local pet care store.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2020-01-22