If someone comes up with a suggestion that cats have OCD, we won’t be surprised. After all the cleaning that cats do to keep themselves clean, can we quite be surprised by that suggestion? But as much as your cat loves to groom itself, the fact is that a bit of help from your side will do no harm. Most people think that grooming is all about making your cat look good. But that’s just not it. Grooming is a lot about health too. Know all about cat grooming in this article.
Best Cat Grooming Products
- Heavy-duty gear for proper powerful cut, horse grooming clippers with stable and steady control. The R shaped edge design prevents from accidentally cutting your pet's skin.
- Titanium blade combining with the ceramic movable blade for efficient and long term cutting. The titanium blade of the pet clipper will not get rusty. It always keeps sharp and ensures high durability.
- New user friendly, we provide3-6-9-12mm guide combs for your reference . Now you can safely trim your pet even if you've never done it before without fearing cutting your pet. With leveled comb, your pet's hair will be trimmed perfectly even.
- Precision motor, low vibration and ultra quiet design, free it from work noise with only about 50 db, to help the pet feel at ease, not afraid haircut any more.
- Low vibration/noise&cordless,Our ceramic and stainless steel blade also produce less noise than common double stainless steel blades.free it from work noise with about 50 DB .Now you can safely trim your pet with cat clippers
- THE PERFECT BRUSH TO GET ALL NASTY MATS OUT OF YOUR PET’S FUR – Hertzko’s Slicker Brush gently removes Loose Hair, and eliminates Tangles, Knots, Dander and trapped Dirt. WORKS GREAT ON DOGS AND CATS WITH ALL SIZES AND HAIR TYPES!
- GET RID OF MATS WITHOUT HURTING HER - The bristles are FINE bent wires designed to penetrate DEEP into the coat and is really able to groom the undercoat well without scratching your pet's skin!
- EASY TO CLEAN – When you’re done brushing your pet, Simply click the button and the bristles retract back into the brush, Making is SUPER SIMPLE to remove all the hair from the brush, So it’s ready for the next time use.
- YOUR PET WILL NOT ONLY ‘LOOK’ GOOD BUT ‘FEEL' GREAT TOO! – Our brush Grooms and massages for a healthy coat, increasing blood circulation and leaves your pet’s coat soft and shiny. Your Pet will love being brushed !
- COMFORTABLE, STRONG, AND DURABLE- Our Slicker Brush is especially designed with a COMFORT-GRIP and ANTI-SLIP HANDLE, which prevents hand and wrist strain no matter how long you brush your pet !
- UPGRADE VERSION: With enhanced 255 silicone grooming tips, mimics the touch of your hand for a soft and relaxing massage; This flexible, slip-on grooming gloves allow you to brush away dirt and loose hair from cats and dogs
- Hair Remover: Perfect for long, short and curly haired dogs, cats, horses, and other pets, grooming the hair quickly, gently and effectively; The shedding hair sticks to the glove, making it easy to peel and throw hair away
- Bath Brush: Bathe the pets with this glove, which will clean the pet hair easily and give your pets a gentle massage without hurting their skin; Five finger design allows you to groom hard-to-reach places like tail or face
- Skin-friendly: Free from any materials which could cause skin damage; Soft rubber ensure gentle massage and grooming without painful removing of fur or scratching the skin; One size fits all, it has adjustable wrist strap for a comfortable fit
- What You Get: 2 blue DELOMO pet gloves (1 left-hand and 1 right-hand; The left-hand glove is customized for left-hander).
- [Pet Grooming glove]: Great job of picking up pet's shedding hair. Pet gloves prove to be excellent in removing & trapping loose furry pet hair, while grooming the pet quickly, gently and effectively. Hair sticks to the gloves and is easily removed for disposal.
- [Enhanced Five Finger Design]: Allows you to groom hard-to-reach places like face, legs or tail and ensure you don't miss a spot. Gently clean legs, faces,tail Tight body contours and your hands and finger nails stay clean.One size fits all, it has adjustable wrist strap for a comfortable fit.
- [Healthier Pet glove ]: Imitating the hand touching to provide a soft and relaxing massage, improves blood circulation. Free from any materials which could cause skin damage; One size fits all, perfect for long, short and curly haired dogs, cats, horses, bunnies and other pets, grooming the hair quickly, gently and effectively, it has adjustable wrist strap for a comfortable fit
- [Breathable]：The back of the glove has a soft mesh design,good ventilation, these gloves are comfortable to wear.Can be used dry or wet,it also can be used to wipe!
- [Packaging includes]: 2 blue pet grooming gloves (1 left-hand and 1 right-hand;)
- 2-in-1 DUAL HEAD - Start with 9 teeth side for stubborn mats and tangles and finish with 17 teeth side for thinning and deshedding. Achieve faster and more professional dematting and grooming results!
- ABSOLUTELY SAFE TO YOUR PET - No-scratch rounded outside teeth gently massage the pet skin. Meanwhile, teeth inner side is sharp enough to smoothly cut through the toughest mats, tangles and knots.
- FORGET ABOUT SHEDDING! - Regular brushing easily removes dead undercoat so no fur goes flying. Skin massage ensures better blood circulation promoting healthy and shiny coat. Perfect for medium and long haired pets.
- ENJOY COMFORTABLE BRUSHING - Soft ergonomic anti-slip grip makes regular combing convenient & relaxed. No-rust stainless steel teeth are ultra DURABLE & EASY TO CLEAN.
- GET RID OF HAIR MESS... or GET A REFUND! - If, for whatever reason, you don't absolutely love your pet dematting rake, just contact us, and we'll refund every penny (or replace it, if there is an issue).
- Helps remove and collect loose hair
- Can be easily mounted on either flat wall or corner surfaces, with screws (optional) or the adhesive strips (included)
- Includes a small pouch of Canadian catnip herb, for use in the inner brush compartment as extra incentive
- Easy to disassemble and clean
- Activate your cat’s senses with the new Senses 2.0! This product activates TOUCH SMELL
- FIGHTS CAT DANDER AND FLAKING — Burt's Bees cat wipes moisturize and deeply condition your cat or kitten's dry skin to reduce redness and flakes
- MADE WITH THE HIGHEST QUALITY INGREDIENTS — All natural ingredients in Burt's Bees cat dander wipes include aloe vera and oatmeal. Aloe vera is a moisturizing anti-irritant which has been shown to reduce inflammation
- USE REGULARLY — Wipe your cat or kitten from back of ears to tail, avoiding the eyes. These cat grooming wipes are great for spot cleaning and paw cleaning
- SUITABLE FOR ALL CATS — These wipes are pH balanced especially for all cats and kittens
- 100% SAFE — Veterinarian recommended formula, free of fragrances, sulfates, colorants, and harsh chemicals
- 【Unique Design】Heavy-duty gear for proper powerful cut, with stable and steady control. The R shaped edge design prevents from accidentally cutting your pet's skin.
- 【Sharp and Safe Blade】The blade is made of ceramic and titanium, which ensures safety without losing its sharpness, trim pet hair with high efficiency. Ceramic blade will stay sharp forever and it will not rust and does not heat up.
- 【New User Friendly】We provide3-6-9-12mm guide combs, and you can safely trim your pet even if you've never done it before without fearing cutting your pet. With leveled comb, your pet's hair will be trimmed perfectly even.
- 【Low Noise and Low Vibration】With Precision motor, low vibration and ultra quiet design, work noise with only about 50 db, to help the pet feel at ease, not afraid haircut any more.
- 【Convenience and continuity】Cordless design for easy use. The pet grooming kit is equipped with a charger. Charging for three hours, it can sustain uses of 8 hours.
- Stainless steel deShedding edge reaches through topcoat to safely and easily remove loose hair and undercoat
- FURejector button releases hair with ease
- Ergonomic handle for comfort and easy use
- Remove loose hair without damaging the coat or cutting the skin when used as directed
- deShedding tool for large (over 10 lbs) cats with long hair
- GROOMING MADE EASY Get essential grooming tools for dogs and cats in one swoop. This set includes a slicker de-matting brush, stainless steel grooming comb, and heavy-duty pet nail clippers. Save money by giving your furry buddy a good groom from the comfort of home.
- SELF-CLEANING SLICKER BRUSH Removing knots, dander, and loose hair from your pet’s fur just got easier. Press the button on the slicker brush after you’re done and watch the bristles retract and the hair fall right off. Ideal for all sizes of dogs and cats and all hair types.
- STAINLESS STEEL COMB Perfect for finishing, fluffing, and dematting, this 7.5” steel comb is a must-have in any pet grooming supplies set. Use it as a dog grooming comb to massage their skin and remove hair, or a cat grooming comb to have your kitty looking spiffy.
- PET NAIL CLIPPERS Give your pet’s nails a nice trim the safe way. Our cat and dog nail trimmers stand out with their sharpness, durability, and a safety stop that prevents cutting nails too short. You’ll love the high-quality stainless steel and the comfortable ergonomic handle.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE We’ve got your back with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Reach out to us in case of any issues with your pet grooming accessories and we’ll do all we can to make it right. Click ‘Add to Cart’ now and get your kit completely risk-free!
Get your cat accustomed
If you think that one fine day you will wake up and start giving a bath to your cat, then you are going in the wrong direction. Most cats hate taking a bath and therefore, you will do well to slowly introduce your cat to the whole grooming life.
Choose a time when your cat is usually relaxing. A good time to do this might after a while after your cat has had a sumptuous meal. Start with talking sweetly to your cat and petting it. A few treats will only help you in gaining the confidence of your cat. Initially, there are chances that your cat might be all confused and react defensively but that is just because it does not know what to feel about grooming. In that case, stop for the moment and try later again. Eventually, your kitty will come around.
Get down to the grooming
There are multiple ways in which you can groom your cat. We will explain all of them step by step so that you can do it like a pro. Here you go:
Whether your cat has short or long hair, brushing always helps. Cats do clean their own coats but brushing will help you remove loose hair, dirt, and grease. Plus, cats thankfully seem to like brushing. It makes them feel relaxed and it might turn out to be a good bonding time for you both.
Make sure you use a brush that is meant to be used for the hair type of your cat. You can use a comb too but the suitability needs to be figured out with a comb as well. This will make the brush or comb more effective. Do not try to restrain your cat as this will only make it feel cautious and on guard. Try to approach your cat in a friendly manner and comb gently. Using treats to keep your cat appeased can help you a lot.
Usually, cats do the work that bathing will do, with their tongues. But if your cat manages to get itself into a sticky situation or is stinking of something, then a bath awaits. The mood of your cat is very important when you give a bath to it. If it is cranky or out of sorts, then bathing is not a good idea and might end up scratching or biting you.
A few things like clean towels, a good quality cat shampoo, a cat conditioner, a rubber mat, etc, need to be kept ready during a bath. You do not want to leave your cat dripping while you go looking for some towels. Be careful not to totally immerse your cat into the water. Keep the head of your kitty above the water and slowly rub the shampoo on the rest of the body.
You can use wet tissues or towels to wipe the face clean. After you have rinsed the body of your cat, make sure you place it in a big towel and let the body dry naturally. Also, never use hot water. Instead, go for warm water that will soothe the body of your cat.
If you seem to have quite a huge problem in giving a bath to your cat, then do not do this at home. Take your cat to a professional groomer. This will not be as time consuming as giving a bath at home. Plus, it will be less traumatizing for both you and your cat.
Your cat’s nails need to be trimmed from time to time in order to avoid breaking, problems while walking, infections etc. Remember not to use a nail clipper for humans on your cat. There are clippers available in the market that are specifically designed for cats. Since this process involved cutting of nails, be very precise and careful so as not to injure your cat.
There is a quick underneath every nail which will bleed if any cuts happen on it. So, be careful not to clip the nails too close to the quick. Hold the paw firmly with one hand and clip the nails slowly with the other. If you happen to cause bleeding, then keep an antiseptic or a clotting instrument handy to put it on the cut immediately. Never force your cat to cut its nails because then your cat is sure to offer resistance and might hurt itself in the process.
Check for underlying problems
Whenever you groom your cat, make sure you check for any fleas, ticks, or infections in the skin of your cat. It is during grooming that a lot of cat owners figure out many problems that have been hidden under the coat. Some of the common problems are flea infestation, reactions to medicines, bacterial infections, fungal infections, contact dermatitis, loss of fur, etc. These issues are serious and can cause long-term damage. They need to be dealt with immediately.
Usually, problems like tick and fleas can be tackled at home with flea collars, flea oral medicines, regular bathing, and, brushing, etc. However, it is advisable to consult an expert vet before you administer any type of your treatment on your cat. By now, you must be aware of how vital an activity grooming is. From bathing, to brushing, to clipping the nails short, every step if important. So, start with grooming your cat from today and get all the products necessary soon.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2020-01-22