Royal Canin Dog Food
Choosing the right kind of dog food for your dog is all about balancing the nutrition that they need to maintain their well-being and health. Deciding between different brands, ingredients and recipes can be an overwhelming experience. But there is one brand that stands out – Royal Canin Dog Food.
When it comes to variety, there are not many dog food brands that offer as many product choices as Royal Canin. It is one of the largest breed-specific dog food manufacturers in the world. They believe that dogs are unique creatures that require specific nutritional needs. All the formulas are backed by sound nutritional science and research.
Top Royal Canin Dog Food
- Hydrolyzed soy protein that is easy to digest and almost totally allergen-free
- Ingredients that minimize the risk of kidney stones in dogs
- Nutrients that boost dental health in dogs
- Boosted omega-3 fatty acids to help prevent inflammation in your dog's system
- Ingredients that increase urine volume in small dogs
- Enriched with an exclusive nutrient complex, including EPA, DHA and vitamin A, to help maintain a healthy skin and support its role as a barrier
- Helps maintain the favorable balance of "good bacteria" to promote digestive health
- Nutrients in SHIH TZU PUPPY promote a healthy digestive system and contribute to reduced stool odor and volume
- For Shih Tzu's puppies 8 weeks to 10 months of age
- Royal Canin French Bulldog Puppy dry dog food is designed to meet the nutritional needs of purebred French Bulldogs 8 weeks to 12 months old
- Exclusive tailor-made kibble helps a French Bulldog easily pick up and chew their food
- Helps protect a puppy's developing immune system and natural defenses with an exclusive complex of antioxidants including vitamin E
- Reinforces the skin barrier with essential nutrients to support healthy skin and wrinkles
- Helps reduce gas and stool odor with highly digestible proteins and precise fiber content
- An exclusive combination of nutrients to help support digestive health in giant breed puppies (including highly digestible proteins - L.I.P.) and a balanced intestinal flora (prebiotics) which promotes good stool quality
- An adapted protein content to help support muscle development in giant breed puppies during the second growth phase from 8 months of age. Enriched with L-carnitine
- Balanced energy intake and minerals (calcium and phosphorus) contribute to good bone mineralization in giant breed puppies, helping to support healthy bones and joints
- Note:Packaging may vary
- Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to support a healthy skin and coat in the Golden Retriever over 15 months old
- L-carnitine to support heart health and help muscles work efficiently in the Golden Retriever
- Antioxidants to neutralize free radicals and support cognitive function in the Golden Retriever
- Glucosamine and chondroitin to support the joints of a giant breed adult dog (over 18 months)
- A complex of antioxidants, vitamins C, E and taurine to support health aging
- Supplemental taurine, vitamins E and C, combined with L-carnitine to support a health heart
- For Giant breed adult dogs over 18-24 months old (over 100 lbs.)
- Vitality support
- Healthy transit
- Coat condition
- For small breed dogs 8 to 12 years of age ( up to 8 lbs.)
- Helps reduce energy intake by 23% (compared to MEDIUM Adult) while giving the same volume of food
- Fiber enriched formula helps contribute to reducing the feeling of hunger between meals and satisfies the dog's appetite
- A synergistic combination of antioxidants to help support cellular health
- For medium breed dogs (21-55 lbs.) over 12 months
- Royal Canin Large Sensitive Skin Care dry dog food is tailored nutrition for large adult dogs 15 months and older with sensitive skin and dry coats
- Reinforces the skin barrier with essential nutrients to support skin health in dogs with skin sensitivities
- Nourishes coat health with an exclusive complex of nutrients and amino acids
- Selected aromas help satisfy the appetite of large breed dogs
- Supports healthy digestion and optimal stool quality with highly digestible proteins
Royal Canin Dog Food
Some customers might feel overwhelmed by the sheer volume of options that are available. The brand divides its products into several categories like special nutritional needs, life stages, size, etc. The company believes that dogs of different sizes have different physiological needs and the dog food products are tailored according to those needs.
Some other categories include recipes for dogs with special nutritional requirements, recipes based on specific lifestyles, breed-specific formulas, etc. The brand works to the most precise nutritional solutions for your pets.
Royal Canin: Overview
Royal Canin was formed by Dr. Jean Cathary, a French veterinarian, in 1968. The brand started out with a single mission – to specifically cater to the needs of pets themselves. As a result, Royal Canin has been able to make use of cutting-edge technology and methods to make pet food and stay ahead of its competitors.
Currently, Royal Canin is based out of France. The brand claims to have one of the most advanced pet food manufacturing units in the world today. Royal Canin also has its headquarters in Missouri and South Dakota, USA.
Ingredients used in Royal Canin dog food products
Typical ingredients include chicken meal, chicken by-product meal, oat groats, brewer’s rice, wheat and/or corn gluten meal and chicken fat. Other ingredients that are used include dried egg products, fish oil, and dried beet pulp. Royal Canin also makes use of proteinated or chelated minerals that are easier for the dogs to digest.
Some products also have amino acids like L-Carnitine that helps convert the fat in your dog to lean muscles. Others feature glucosamine and/or chondroitin sulfate, which are very beneficial for the joints. Overall, all the Royal Canin food products have been approved by AAFCO for various life stages.
What are some great Royal Canin Dog Food products?
Out of the many dog food products this brand has to offer, here are some of the best:
Royal Canin Size Health Nutrition Mini Adult Dry Dog Food
This dog food by Royal Canin has been designed specifically for small-sized dog breeds. It contains all the proper minerals, essential fatty acids, and vitamins that are needed to provide for daily energy needs, protect your pooch’s coat, and maintain a healthy weight. The minimum protein content in this recipe is 25%.
The kibble also limits the formation of tartar and reduces dental plaque, helping your dog’s teeth to stay strong. The flavor profile of this recipe has been designed to suit the taste of fussy eaters and ensure that your dog gets all the nutrition and calories it needs. The ingredients here include corn gluten meal, corn, brown rice, brewer’s rice, and chicken meal (from last to first order)
Royal Canin Size Health Nutrition Mini Puppy Dry Dog Food
If you are looking for something that provides balanced and complete nutrition for your small breed puppy, then this particular recipe is the one you can opt for. This dog food product is paced with a balance of nutrients like minerals and vitamins that are needed by growing puppies.
This recipe also contains a lot of complex antioxidants that support the natural immune defenses of your puppy. The mix of prebiotics and antibiotics is designed to reduce the formation of tartar. Some of the ingredients used to make this recipe are chicken meal, chicken fat, rice, and corn, which constitutes of 29.5% protein content.
Royal Canin Size Health Nutrition Medium Adult Dry Dog Food
Medium-sized dogs have different nutritional needs than large- or small-sized dogs. This recipe contains Vitamin E and C, as well as fatty acids and chelated minerals to support your dog’s immune system health, intestinal tract, and skin. It contains moderate levels of optimal protein and fat to help maintain muscle mass and weight, even in the most energetic dogs.
The prebiotic mix and antioxidant complex help support the internal immune system of your dog. The kibble encourages chewing and reduces tartar build-up in the process. While the dog food might contain corn and wheat gluten, it is quite a tasty and healthy treat for your dog.
Royal Canin Size Health Nutrition Mini Mature 8+ Dry Dog Food
As dogs get older, their nutritional needs, energy, and health begin to change. This particular recipe has been designed for small breed dogs between the age of 8 and 12. The ingredients used in this recipe maintain the vitality of the dog as the first signs of aging starts to develop. It also has L-carnitine in this dog food helps maintain the ideal weight and promotes fat metabolism.
The kibble is sized for small jaws and teeth and reduces dental plaque and tartar formation. The minimum amount of protein content is 25%. The ingredients used in this recipe are brewer’s rice, corn, chicken meal, chicken fat, and corn gluten meal.
One of the most primary reasons why one should choose Royal Canin is that it puts the nutritional needs of your dog first. All the foods created by the brand are based on scientific studies and researches, rather than trend or fashion.
The brand has more than 45 experience in this business and works/partners with professional breeders and veterinarians to continually improve and research the food they offer. Additionally, the fact that Royal Canin offers food products that are breed, stage, and age-specific, as well as foods for dogs with specific health and dietary needs cannot be ignored easily.
Your Source for the Best Rated Pet Supplies and Accessories
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-10-15