Royal Canin Dog Food
Choosing the right kind of dog food for your dog is all about balancing the nutrition that they need to maintain their well-being and health. Deciding between different brands, ingredients and recipes can be an overwhelming experience. But there is one brand that stands out – Royal Canin Dog Food.
When it comes to variety, there are not many dog food brands that offer as many product choices as Royal Canin. It is one of the largest breed-specific dog food manufacturers in the world. They believe that dogs are unique creatures that require specific nutritional needs. All the formulas are backed by sound nutritional science and research.
Top Royal Canin Dog Food
- Royal Canin Small Adult dry dog food (formerly Mini Adult) is precise nutrition specifically made for small dogs 10 months to 8 years old weighing 9–22 lbs.
- Meets the high energy needs of small dogs while helping maintain a healthy weight with L-carnitine
- Supports skin and coat health with optimal levels of fatty acids like EPA and DHA
- Exclusive small, highly palatable kibble adapted for miniature jaws
- Satisfies the fussy appetites of small dogs with enhanced palatability
- Royal Canin Yorkshire Terrier Adult dry dog food is designed to meet the nutritional needs of purebred Yorkshire Terriers 10 months and older
- Exclusive kibble shape designed specifically for a Yorkshire Terrier’s small muzzle and bite
- Maintains a Yorkie’s glossy, long hair with a combination of omega-3 fatty acids, omega-6 fatty acids, and biotin
- Formulated for healthy aging with specific nutrients to help support long life expectancies
- High palatability with exceptional aromas and flavors to satisfy picky appetites.This diet contains 3798 kilocalories of metabolizable energy (ME) per kilogram or 338 kilocalories ME per cup on an as fed basis (calculated)
- Royal Canin Medium Adult dry dog food is precise nutrition specifically made for dogs 1–7 years old weighing 23–55 lbs.
- Supports natural defenses for immune support with a blend of antioxidants and prebiotics
- Maintains healthy skin and coat health with optimal levels of EPA and DHA
- Promotes healthy digestion with easy-to-digest proteins and a balanced supply of fiber
- Exclusive kibble design encourages chewing and has a palatability dogs love.This diet contains 3616 kilocalories of metabolizable energy (ME) per kilogram or 340 kilocalories ME per cup on an as fed basis (calculated)
- Royal Canin Large Adult dry dog food (formerly Maxi Adult) is precise nutrition specifically made for large dogs 15 months to 5 years old weighing 56–100 lbs.
- Promotes healthy digestion with easy-to-digest high-quality proteins and a balanced supply of fiber
- Helps support bones and joint health in large breed dogs
- Nourishes healthy skin and coat with EPA and DHA
- Exclusive large-sized kibble design is highly palatable
- Royal Canin Small Puppy dry dog food (formerly Mini Puppy) is tailor-made for puppies up to 10 months old with an expected adult weight of 9-22 lbs
- Meets the high energy needs of small puppies during their short, intense growth period
- Exclusive small kibble size designed for puppies with small jaws and picky appetites
- Supports developing immune systems with an exclusive blend of antioxidants and vitamins
- Promotes healthy digestion through highly digestible proteins and prebiotics.This diet contains 3891 kilocalories of metabolizable energy (ME) per kilogram or 354 kilocalories ME per cup on an as fed basis (calculated)
- Royal Canin Shih Tzu Adult dry dog food is designed to meet the nutritional needs of purebred Shih Tzus 10 months and older
- Exclusive kibble shape designed specifically for a Shih Tzu’s short muzzle and underbite
- Supports skin health with an exclusive complex of nutrients including EPA, DHA, and vitamin A
- Maintains a Shih Tzu’s soft, long coat with a combination of omega-3 fatty acids, omega-6 fatty acids, and biotin
- Helps reduce amount of stools and stool odor with highly digestible proteins, precise fiber content, and high-quality carbohydrate sources.This diet contains 3898 kilocalories of metabolizable energy (ME) per kilogram or 355 kilocalories ME per cup on an as fed basis (calculated)
- Royal Canin Labrador Retriever Adult dry dog food is designed to meet the nutritional needs of purebred Labrador Retrievers 15 months and older
- Exclusive donut-shaped kibble designed specifically to help large breed Labrador Retrievers chew and eat food slowly
- Helps maintain ideal weight with precise calorie and fat content tailored for the Labrador Retriever breed
- Supports bone & joint health with EPA, DHA, and glucosamine to support large, strong bodies
- Reinforces the skin barrier with essential nutrients to support healthy skin and dense undercoats
- Royal Canin Medium Puppy dry dog food is tailor-made for puppies up to 1 year old with an expected adult weight of 23-55 lbs
- Meets the high energy needs of medium-sized puppies with key nutrients needed during their short growth period
- Helps developing immune systems thrive with an exclusive blend of antioxidants and vitamins
- Supports healthy growth for their bones and joints though a specialized mineral blend
- Promotes healthy digestion with highly digestible proteins and prebiotics for optimal stool quality
- Royal Canin German Shepherd Adult dry dog food is designed to meet the nutritional needs of purebred German Shepherds 15 months and older
- Exclusive kibble shape designed specifically for a German Shepherd’s long, strong muzzle to encourage chewing
- Aids digestive health with highly digestible proteins and specific fibers to promote optimal stool quality
- Supports healthy skin and coat with EPA and DHA from fish oil and reinforces the skin barrier with essential nutrients
- Maintains bone & joint health with glucosamine and chondroitin to support large, strong bodies
- Royal Canin Large Puppy dry dog food (formerly Maxi Puppy) is tailor-made for large breed puppies with an expected adult weight of 56-100 lbs
- Promotes healthy growth for their bones and joints through a specialized blend of minerals
- Supports developing immune systems with an exclusive blend of antioxidants and vitamins
- Exclusive kibble design encourages puppies to chew thoroughly
- Highly digestible proteins and prebiotics help promote optimal digestive health and stool quality
Royal Canin Dog Food
Some customers might feel overwhelmed by the sheer volume of options that are available. The brand divides its products into several categories like special nutritional needs, life stages, size, etc. The company believes that dogs of different sizes have different physiological needs and the dog food products are tailored according to those needs.
Some other categories include recipes for dogs with special nutritional requirements, recipes based on specific lifestyles, breed-specific formulas, etc. The brand works to the most precise nutritional solutions for your pets.
Royal Canin: Overview
Royal Canin was formed by Dr. Jean Cathary, a French veterinarian, in 1968. The brand started out with a single mission – to specifically cater to the needs of pets themselves. As a result, Royal Canin has been able to make use of cutting-edge technology and methods to make pet food and stay ahead of its competitors.
Currently, Royal Canin is based out of France. The brand claims to have one of the most advanced pet food manufacturing units in the world today. Royal Canin also has its headquarters in Missouri and South Dakota, USA.
Ingredients used in Royal Canin dog food products
Typical ingredients include chicken meal, chicken by-product meal, oat groats, brewer’s rice, wheat and/or corn gluten meal and chicken fat. Other ingredients that are used include dried egg products, fish oil, and dried beet pulp. Royal Canin also makes use of proteinated or chelated minerals that are easier for the dogs to digest.
Some products also have amino acids like L-Carnitine that helps convert the fat in your dog to lean muscles. Others feature glucosamine and/or chondroitin sulfate, which are very beneficial for the joints. Overall, all the Royal Canin food products have been approved by AAFCO for various life stages.
What are some great Royal Canin Dog Food products?
Out of the many dog food products this brand has to offer, here are some of the best:
Royal Canin Size Health Nutrition Mini Adult Dry Dog Food
This dog food by Royal Canin has been designed specifically for small-sized dog breeds. It contains all the proper minerals, essential fatty acids, and vitamins that are needed to provide for daily energy needs, protect your pooch’s coat, and maintain a healthy weight. The minimum protein content in this recipe is 25%.
The kibble also limits the formation of tartar and reduces dental plaque, helping your dog’s teeth to stay strong. The flavor profile of this recipe has been designed to suit the taste of fussy eaters and ensure that your dog gets all the nutrition and calories it needs. The ingredients here include corn gluten meal, corn, brown rice, brewer’s rice, and chicken meal (from last to first order)
Royal Canin Size Health Nutrition Mini Puppy Dry Dog Food
If you are looking for something that provides balanced and complete nutrition for your small breed puppy, then this particular recipe is the one you can opt for. This dog food product is paced with a balance of nutrients like minerals and vitamins that are needed by growing puppies.
This recipe also contains a lot of complex antioxidants that support the natural immune defenses of your puppy. The mix of prebiotics and antibiotics is designed to reduce the formation of tartar. Some of the ingredients used to make this recipe are chicken meal, chicken fat, rice, and corn, which constitutes of 29.5% protein content.
Royal Canin Size Health Nutrition Medium Adult Dry Dog Food
Medium-sized dogs have different nutritional needs than large- or small-sized dogs. This recipe contains Vitamin E and C, as well as fatty acids and chelated minerals to support your dog’s immune system health, intestinal tract, and skin. It contains moderate levels of optimal protein and fat to help maintain muscle mass and weight, even in the most energetic dogs.
The prebiotic mix and antioxidant complex help support the internal immune system of your dog. The kibble encourages chewing and reduces tartar build-up in the process. While the dog food might contain corn and wheat gluten, it is quite a tasty and healthy treat for your dog.
Royal Canin Size Health Nutrition Mini Mature 8+ Dry Dog Food
As dogs get older, their nutritional needs, energy, and health begin to change. This particular recipe has been designed for small breed dogs between the age of 8 and 12. The ingredients used in this recipe maintain the vitality of the dog as the first signs of aging starts to develop. It also has L-carnitine in this dog food helps maintain the ideal weight and promotes fat metabolism.
The kibble is sized for small jaws and teeth and reduces dental plaque and tartar formation. The minimum amount of protein content is 25%. The ingredients used in this recipe are brewer’s rice, corn, chicken meal, chicken fat, and corn gluten meal.
One of the most primary reasons why one should choose Royal Canin is that it puts the nutritional needs of your dog first. All the foods created by the brand are based on scientific studies and researches, rather than trend or fashion.
The brand has more than 45 experience in this business and works/partners with professional breeders and veterinarians to continually improve and research the food they offer. Additionally, the fact that Royal Canin offers food products that are breed, stage, and age-specific, as well as foods for dogs with specific health and dietary needs cannot be ignored easily.
Your Source for the Best Rated Pet Supplies and Accessories
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-12-12